Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64149.98

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Sergeant

aa kk over shove

Well, while I was actually playing before the US shut down, I started to employ a deceptive tactic as a way to induce a light call and double up in SNGs. I have passed this on to a few players that I am coaching and it has been working well for them, so I figured I would post a thread about it to see if others have done this with success.

It's pretty straight-forward as you can probably tell from the title of this thread. But in the early stages of a SNG, most players expect you to make a standard, or even min 3-bet with premium pockets in order to extract value from weaker hands. As a general rule, it is good to be deceptive so that your opponent has a hard time putting you on a hand. I figured, what better way to be deceptive than to do the opposite of what people expect you to do with AA and KK.

So if someone makes it 3x or 4x when the BB is 30 and 40, I will over shove 3-bet all in rather than make your normal 3 bet. From what I have seen, most players view this as a donk or weak play that someone tries to pull with mid pockets and hands like AJ. Accordingly, when I make this play, I get called with some pretty awful hands to play all in at the early stage of a SNG, like AJ, KQ, 99, etc...If I just make a normal 3 bet and the villain actually calls, often times I do not get much value unless they hit top pair on the flop. Of course with the over-shove, I risk not getting that smaller value from the 3-bet if he folds. But on the flip side, you are most likely going to double up when you do get called, and I have found that overall, I have been getting more value from this play vs the smaller 3-bet.

If you are not doing this, give it a try and see what you come up with. GL

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    Thanks for this Mate.I think its about what buyins you play.In the 1,10$ 45 or 90 man sitngos there are many Donks and Beginners that gives you a call with any Cards like KQ off J10 suit where you can easy double with allin preflop holding AA or KK. But when you play higher levels there are really good and tight Player where i think its a good Limp the better one. I done that very often and when you then get a raise from AK or AQ then you get more chips as when you push to much Preflop.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I have tested this myself in the past. Weather or not it works in your favor depends on the level of players you have at the table. Sometimes you even get a dream call with some hand that is crushed, but they make a straight or something on the river. Over all, I prefer to re-raise, but not go all in with those situations.

PokerOwned Veteran
    just a bad move over all go play 50 dollar buy in games or higher n see if it works there haha

Id like to know how you actually dbl up? LOL my AA or KK never holds if i reraise and they push me allin. For 2 hands that so strong im not winning at more then a 40% clip against 1 player no matter what they have

Elite PokerOwned Member
    yea this is a good tactic against a looser table...it all depends on the feel u've got of the people against u...if u know they're gona call the shove with a hand u've got dominated neway then by all means go for it...i played live with this guy who would open shove with aces every time, no matter what...we'd always be like wtf but he said that ud b surprised how many times he's been called by kings, and that 'aces have been good to him'...i guess its like doyle says tho, u either win a small pot or lose a big pot....anything in between is always looking for trouble

Corporal
    Table could be loose , but could be tight. AA , the best way is slowplay. KK more ALL IN preflop , more money will win.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I consider that AA is the best hand to be played slowly, while you have to be pretty quick with KK, raising preflop is fundamental or if not things like a 3 would call, and hit a in the flop turn or river

Sergeant
    When i note someone that he make x4bb raise or making a re-raise and there are few callers& I hold some trash like 3 7off i always make the call. 9/20 of the times i make a flop str8 or sth like that, when you note players which they play heavy cards (ONLY) its not mistake to check your trash cards. The chances are the same AK or 29 - to hit something at the flop. Better if you wait for 3-7 suited or 8 4 8 5. Its a pretty badass system at tourneys.

Seasoned Veteran
    great input thinks for sharing your strategies with us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast