Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

Starting hands in Omaha

I like omaha, but seems like every pot has mult. players seeing flop and the flop always is scary, flush draws, paired, etc. Seems like if you know what you're doing you can do well at cash tables in this game. Lots of players playin just about any 4 and chasing. I like to play pl omaha. Don't like h/l. So just looking for advice on how SUCCESSFUL players play. I'm talking about low limit cash tables. What starting hands do you play. Seems like if you wait and wait, until you get a great starting hand, you can fold a lot of winners and good starting hands can turn ugly real fast. Any advice?

Yeah id really like to know too cause it seems like all pots are won by people play any 4. Then they continue to play any 4 and wipe the table up...
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Interesting question. I would also like to have some advice. Any experienced PLOmaha player here ?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    worst hand i ever had in omaha was AAAA lol

Elite PokerOwned Member joshtheking's Avatar
    I am trying to get good at omha but seems i dont really understand it so ill stick to no limit holdem!I also like 2-7 lowball thts a cool game!
    FORGIVENESS IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!THATS RIGHT THE KING IS BACK AND THIS TIME FOR GOOD SO DONT GET COMFORTABLE ,YOU BETTER PLAY TIGHTER.

Experienced Member
    You have two different games, Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo. I will only play in the latter, because I understand Hi/Lo compared to walking into regular Omaha clueless.

The little that I do know about Omaha will hopefully help you. IMO, which doesn't mean squat, the best hands to play with in Omaha are suited connectors. A pair doesn't mean squat, and two pair is only so much better (compared to how many people are in the hand). A-K-Q-J with two of the cards being the same suit is my favorite hand. Since I don't win much in Omaha, I guess you should take that advice with a grain of salt.

Omaha Hi/Lo on the other hand is a different beast, and one that is more enjoyable IMO. A-A-3-2 is my favorite. I like trying to hit the low with the possibility of having the high. Hope that helped some.

PokerOwned God
    lowest ill play is 0.10 0.25 6 handed and i play no limit ... always win alot at those tables . i play almost every hand but am very tight postflop.

#NiggasInParis

PokerOwned God
    I think you have to play omaha with your gut and mix up your starting hands.

PokerOwned Veteran
    A few key pointers for PLO
    1. Opponents rarely ever trap for the fear of getting out drawn so they often over play hands like top set etc on any type of drawing board. In these situations little probe bets will get players that missed an easy chance to fold and ones that hit big mash the pot button giving away their hand strength.
    2. You want to bet with your draws to the nuts, this way players hanging on to the two pair with a weak flush redraw often think they are good, when if you just check call they often can read your hit draw.
    3.DO NOT OVER PLAY AA it is very weak unless you hit a set if you are 3 betting preflop and you will often commit yourself giving your opponents a cheap look at cracking your AA in pot limit and stack you off.
    4. Starting hand wise look at hands you can see yourself winning a lot of money with AAKK may be the best looking hand preflop but it rarely makes you much money because often when you hit it reps is on a scary board to other opponents, hands like 6789 double suited or 7789 are the hands that you will win much more money with, these are hands I like to 3 bet with it as it is extremely hard to put you on one like this.
    5. Over pairs mean next to nothing to anyone who continues after the flop.
    6. Rep the scare card with a small probe bet as stated above, if an someone potted on the flop and you called for whatever reason and a flush completes try to be aggressive with small bets or a small raise players do not suspect bluffing nearly as much as they do as holdem.
    There is much more but I can't think of it right now hope this helped!

PokerOwned God
    Pretty solid advice coldcard ... point #4 I get what you are saying but disagree somewhat ... those hands are playable late but ones you really need to be careful with. Any flush or straight made will those can end up second best and costly, but on the plus side it does make it hard for someone to put you on those hands. Fine hands for intermidiate or higher plo players who know how to lay down a made hand when the villains tell them they got it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast