Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64902.12

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-7 Suited

3-7 Suited

I'm a tournament player mostly,
    (I play in low stakes ring games sometimes but it's really not for me.)
    and I've been noticing something interesting lately about a hand that I've previously auto-mucked. The 3-7 suited.
    Now of course this is only something i's play in position or from the blinds if I could see a cheap flop but, let me point out the beautiful thing about this hand.........First off, it plays itself post-flop. Very easy to tell where you stand, unless of course you flop two pair and get played at you have to worry about a set. But if you can lay it down than it's no prob.
    The other thing that makes this hand soooo cool is that when you do hit, it's as unassuming as a little kitty cat.
    on a flop of 3,7 Q for example, I would have no problem raising with QT and higher in pos. so I'd get mopped up by 37. and that's exactly what happens. I know that many would consider anybody playing this hand at best ballsy and at worst a total donk but I think that there's real value in it if you play it right.

Let me know what you think about this one guys.
    KcsAcoustic

Nothing special about 3-7 that doesn't apply to any other garbage hand. You hit the flop, nobody suspects you might have hit, unless they've already seen you playing garbage.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

The only thing that separates it from other garbage hands is that it's got straight and flush possibilities as well as the usual pair, 2 pair, trips. possibilities. like a low, suited, 3 gapper you know.
    KcsAcoustic

Sounds like it may just be your fave non premium hand at the moment... I only play suited connectors and semi connectors since the 3 gappers get me into trouble. If you like the hand and want to play it, I say go for it, but the times when you miss the flop are probably going to outnumber the times your 3-7 spikes 2 pair against an over pair.

PokerOwned Master
    Not usually a 3 gap player but like you said if you play it in position on a tight table you could really mop up.

PokerOwned Veteran
    that is a so so hand but you can make a lot of money on it or lose it

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Deffenitly could make some money but not my style to play weak hands like that

this has to be a level

PokerOwned Master
    My favorite is playing the 27s because anytime the flop goes 227 everyone always plays back at me....but I have it every single time

musicmannn
    My problem w it is that it is a 3 gapper. You never have the nuts, either as a straight or a flush. I prefer speculative hands that are connected or draw the nuts (Axs, PP, JTs... The odds of hitting a monster are much higher with these hands, and they are more profitable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast