Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64070.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Current B2B Champ!

1st place in $3 Omaha Hi/Lo

played a tourney on carbon the other day and ended up taking it down. Had one memorable hand that wasnt huge or anything but wanted to get feedback w/ explanations from PO users on what they would have done in this hand.

Game: PLO Hi/lo (two tables left)
    Blinds: 1-2k
    My stack 20k and im in the SB with QJ34
    one early limper, and we have 3 players to the flop with the pot now at 6k :QK5 flop
    checked around to an 8 on the turn.
    checked around again to see a Q on the river.

YOUVE MADE 3 QUEENS IN A POT THAT NOBODY THUS FAR HAS SHOWED MUCH INTEREST IN, DO YOU:
    A) MAKE A VALUE BET, HOW MUCH?
    B) CHECK WITH THE INTENTION OF CALLING ?

PokerOwned God
    half pot value bet assuming a 3 card flush isn't on board

PokerOwned Veteren
    congrats on the take down i would say value bet also but what ever you did worked so keep up the good work!

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derickp55 View Post
    congrats on the take down i would say value bet also but what ever you did worked so keep up the good work!
    haha ya ultimately i guess it did work! but i actually think i played the hand wrong. i did go for the value bet, but then i got raised and decided that given the situation is was nearly impossible that he was bluffing or that my QJ was good so i folded. i think i shud have just check called thus minimizing my loss and giving my opponents an option to bluff, afterall in order to make a value bet you have to get called by a worse hand, which with only QJ is hard to do, my opponent could easily have a full house with Q5,Q8 etc.
    to bet in the spot that i did and expect to have the best hand and get paid off my opponent has to have sumthin like AK or Q10. unlikely.

congrats on the win...Keep up the good work....yodaofpoker

Very nice! Congratualtions on your win.

usually it says it's best to bet 2/3 of the pot. so if you would have bet half of the pot the rest would probably fold.

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    half pot value bet assuming a 3 card flush isn't on board
    since you answered my other omaha thread with what i considered an insightful answer, can u explain why u think i shud make a bet? because in reality i did bet and subesquently got raised and surmised that it was very unlikely my opponent was bluffing this spot given how id seen him play etc and ultimately was forced to fold.., so looking back i actually prefer a check/call. if i bet i risk getting raised (possibly by a bluff but unlikely) , and in order for my bet to get called my opponents basically have to have Q10 Q9 AK or maybe AA(unlikely cuz it was a limp pot). Looking back i prefer some pot control and just check calling here either minimizing loss or giving my opponent an option to bluff.

PokerOwned Veteren
    Very nice! Congratualtions on your win.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    congrats on the win...Keep up the good work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast