Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by donny111 View Post
    since you answered my other omaha thread with what i considered an insightful answer, can u explain why u think i shud make a bet? because in reality i did bet and subesquently got raised and surmised that it was very unlikely my opponent was bluffing this spot given how id seen him play etc and ultimately was forced to fold.., so looking back i actually prefer a check/call. if i bet i risk getting raised (possibly by a bluff but unlikely) , and in order for my bet to get called my opponents basically have to have Q10 Q9 AK or maybe AA(unlikely cuz it was a limp pot). Looking back i prefer some pot control and just check calling here either minimizing loss or giving my opponent an option to bluff.
    my answer in this thread was pretty generic ... my value bets and bluffs both tend to be around half pot ... disguises them

first off its really hard to get value out of a hand in O8 when OOP ... makes this is hard spot

Second there is a unique flow in O8 due to the split pot nature ...hi only guys who think its plo ... low only guys where any A2 will do ... AA jammers all the way ... ect ect. Without seeing the flow first hand (reads) its alot of guess work on whats best to do.

Having said all that ... haha that was a short version

KKxx for the over-full seems out of the question .... would have bet to protect the hand with broardway draws on the flop and low draws showing up on the turn. There is one Q left in the deck at the river and your opponent is saying he has it. Maybe 55 or 88 is possible but your better players are not jamming under-fulls.

IDK I might have check called ... if he had you beat and he bet pot you could have lost more. The thing I like about half sized pot bets is you get info without giving alot of info. You only have to be right 1 out of 3 times to break even.

Hard spot there being oop and short stacked ... with 10 BBs QJ34 isn't the hand I'm looking for ... I could have easily folded it pre.

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    my answer in this thread was pretty generic ... my value bets and bluffs both tend to be around half pot ... disguises them

first off its really hard to get value out of a hand in O8 when OOP ... makes this is hard spot

Second there is a unique flow in O8 due to the split pot nature ...hi only guys who think its plo ... low only guys where any A2 will do ... AA jammers all the way ... ect ect. Without seeing the flow first hand (reads) its alot of guess work on whats best to do.

Having said all that ... haha that was a short version

KKxx for the over-full seems out of the question .... would have bet to protect the hand with broardway draws on the flop and low draws showing up on the turn. There is one Q left in the deck at the river and your opponent is saying he has it. Maybe 55 or 88 is possible but your better players are not jamming under-fulls.

IDK I might have check called ... if he had you beat and he bet pot you could have lost more. The thing I like about half sized pot bets is you get info without giving alot of info. You only have to be right 1 out of 3 times to break even.

Hard spot there being oop and short stacked ... with 10 BBs QJ34 isn't the hand I'm looking for ... I could have easily folded it pre.
    ya theres obviously no right answer, looking back i still prefer a check call rather than my bet, but ya i wasnt so much worried about 55 or 88 as something like Q8 OR Q5...or even AQ for that matter. could have folded preflop i guess but getting in for cheap with a reasonable hand i decided to call

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by donny111 View Post
    ... could have folded preflop i guess but getting in for cheap with a reasonable hand i decided to call
    I hear you on that and do the same more often then I should ... getting sucked into "its cheap" trap.

Playing devil's advocate here ... food for thought ... throwing this out there..

How much did you like your position ... your chip stack ... and your cards?

If I like one of those three things I might enter a pot ... if I like 2 of the three, I'm likely to enter the pot ... all 3 is a no brainer.

my calculation for your hand was zero of three ... of course there is more to poker then those 3 things but those are 3 major ones

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    I hear you on that and do the same more often then I should ... getting sucked into "its cheap" trap.

Playing devil's advocate here ... food for thought ... throwing this out there..

How much did you like your position ... your chip stack ... and your cards?

If I like one of those three things I might enter a pot ... if I like 2 of the three, I'm likely to enter the pot ... all 3 is a no brainer.

my calculation for your hand was zero of three ... of course there is more to poker then those 3 things but those are 3 major ones
    thats true. but in any case the question was asking what to do on the river not whether i shud have been in the hand or not. its equivalent to hold em when limping in the sb with 42 or something, sure your gonna lose an overwhelming amount of the time but you also have the potential to break someone for a small amount of chips. for instance the 9 times outta 10 you lose with 42 may or may not be made up with a huge score when u flop a str8, trips, 2 pair. different game but same analogy, the hands not great but ill risk the small limp to try and flop big and break sum1. everyone has their own way of playing and opinion, i dont mind a limp in that spot.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Congrats on the win keep it up !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12