Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70074.43

Thread: How to proceed?

How to proceed?

quadra.jpg

How to proceed when this happens? There was no raise on the pre-flop. Do I check? Do I make the minimum bet? When this usually happens to me, I just check and wait for someone to start betting. Is this the best way to proceed?

PokerOwned Master
    nobody raised preflop, so everybody has weak-medium hands. You have the nuts and aren't going to get drawn out of your hand, so in this case, I would just check and slow play it to get maximum value, hopefully someone will hit a card on the turn or river and bet their full house. Then you can decide to check raise or call down and re-raise on river depending on the position of the raiser. Also, somebody might have a pp and bet or if there is a LAG player involved in the pot, he could try to steal the pot with a bluff, which you could call and check raise on the river. But I think the best play here is to slow play it. If you bet into it, you will most likely just get the flop pot.

just MAXIMUM slow play here bro..!!!..let someone hit a full house or something or, if u r really lucky, someone will even try to bluff you (xD), then u just give them the rope(just calling) so they hang themselfs alone, after river, if the supposed raiser dont went all in u then do so to make him bet the maximun chips as possible. And its done, his stack is now yours....

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Quote Originally Posted by jrcaraujo View Post
    quadra.jpg

How to proceed when this happens? There was no raise on the pre-flop. Do I check? Do I make the minimum bet? When this usually happens to me, I just check and wait for someone to start betting. Is this the best way to proceed?
    I think, if checked to, im betting the flop, maybe even just jamming since you have > a pot-sized bet. Most people aren't going to think you have the case K as its just so unlikely and probably are going to put you on a medium/small pocket pair or some type of high card hand. I think you get lots of calls from people just not believing you on the flop, trying to hit the turn or river to make their full house.

If someone bets into you on the flop I would most likely just flat call and let them hang themselves.

Yeah can't really argue with letting someone stab at the pot. Slow play that monster hand. You have a pot sized bet, and it is likely someone will bet a small pp or bluff. My only critique would be that given your stack size and position, KQ suited is so obviously a shove there given stack size.

TON is Gone.
    Not much you can do here. Virtualy everyone in Pokerstars folds at the slightest sign of strength in this situation. As others have mentioned, all you can do is slowplay in behind them and hope somebody hits their cards on the backend and gets brave. Even then, most will only minimum bet at you anyway.

As an aside, I played a live game once where a guy hit just like this, only to see AA drop on tunr/river for an oponent holding AA. It was nuts.

I would probably check the flop and then min bet on the turn if no one else bets.

I would slow play this flop 100%. You hold the nuts. You want to try and let others catch up so I check this flop. If be into I simply call. On the turn I'm betting out if flop is checked. If flop is bet I would check to and call. On the river i'm probably betting out small regardless of what happens prior. Even if i'm betting into someone i want them to make a bad call or better yet see a small bet as weakness and try to raise only to 3bet them.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    considering ur stack , even if u jam , u get called by atleast 1 person