Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62100.32

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

Lose with AA why ?

please watch my hand i lose with AA in Weekly round 2 in pokerstars 9000 chip
    my hand reply

Experienced Member
    interesting hand

always tough to lose with AA

the initial limp was ok in my book ( occasionally its ok to limp with AA...sure..)...yer lookin for a raise to 3 bet...and ya got one..sweet....ya got 4 bet...very good...now villain is pot committed in their minds......so you 5 bet...and ended up all in pre flop....

villain was looking to go all in pre with AQ , i think....nothing you could have done to stop them i am sure...

maybe you could have flat called the 4 bet ...and then shoved on the flop....villain might just have folded his gut draw and overcard (A)...but i doubt it.....

i would have played the hand more or less the same as you i think...and lost too....

gotta bear in mind it was a freeroll too....this can affect the way some people play....it makes some folks a lot looser than if they had actually bought in...

i hope ya made notes on villain that you can maybe exploit if ya meet again...

better luck next time
    glgl

Why do you limp with AA???

Experienced Member
    one limps with AA hoping for a raise that one can reraise and isolate with....( but only on an aggressive table....i wouldnt recommend limping with AA on a passive table ) thats the theory anyways...if its a play thats good enough for doyle...( occasionally)...then its good enough for me...( occasionally )...

Experienced Member
    Without lucky

Experienced Member
    luck*

Thats just online poker for ya....sometimes no matter how ya play them you will lose all your chips depending on a flop also.

PokerOwned God
    I think you have to play under the assumption that AA usually wins but is one pair and only one pair so need to protect it. Sure play games with "ck and go", ck/raise etc. but your just looking to get donked like that. Personally I like AA heads up all in pre flop if I can offer it - hopefully they fold their big pre flop raise - if not your prolly 80% plus. problem is - if its very ealry in a tourney and you dont want to get railed you may want to play slower and feel them out but youy have to rasie pre flop no mwtter what - specially in a free roll. They will instantly think you are bluffing and call you down if you do anything else. This is gd most time but early on you dont want a war just a battle for 30% of your stack max.

PokerOwned God
    "Lose with AA why?"

... because your opponent could dodge bullets

PokerOwned Veteran
    Just a bad break. No real need to limp in a freeroll. You could have gone all-in first bet and probably would have been called. The result would have been the same.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast