BTC Rate: $70929.94

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Linds8491

Lightbulb $1-$5 MTT Strategies

Regular blind tournaments -

* Stay tight after your first double up
    * Fold any hand that might get you into trouble
    * Never cripple yourself by a bluff, it is NEVER worth it
    * When your deep and get ITM, play TIGHTER than when you started if you have a steady stack

Add on to this?

Knight
    i dont think you should play tight when you're deep.you should attack shortstacks.

Sergeant
    I like very much your strategy , i am using that , I saw that im playing tight and blufing a few pots and grinding i can make it allways into the money . :P

Elite PokerOwned Member
    very good your advice, I think also you have to have the head cold ...

PokerOwned Pro
    i think hopefully we can do it better

If you got monster hand twice while double up you can't stay so tight you must build up your stack.

Anyway bad idea to bluff!

You probably should bluff just 1% and rest not.

I usually used timebank when I bubble lol
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Knight-Captain
    oh no, not u 2 blackbird!!! i HATE when people do that! then, i catch myself doing the same thing! lol! i try 2 be subtle about it, never letting the time completely expire. i've gone out rite b4 the bubble about 4 times in the last 2 days, cuz i was using that same strategy of doubling up once or twice then playing tight. that usually works, but i'm tired of just finishing in the money. i'm taking a lot more chances cuz it's more profitable 2 win one tourney & lose the other than just finish in the money on both. the pay out is so much more, the closer u get 2 1st place, & the difference between 1st & 2nd is pretty big. i hope i can adjust my style 2 playing like that.

Seasoned Veteran
    well add on to this? ofcourse ... you can't have a real strategy for MTT's ... it depends on the platform you play, the players you play, your plaing stile and so on ... and bluffing is not good ? well if I play with you on the same table, I will always know you only play good hands and always fold when you are in a pot. Playing stile must differ from hand to hand !

Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks everybody for posting here, i read all your tips and i think it will help me a lot.

Master Sergeant
    ty for this lets see if it works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast