Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

PokerOwned God

How to play pocket jacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP9CBtSW0kA

I hope you will find this funny, I laughed for 7 minutes straight.

I also feel this dude's pain, jacks are tough.

#NiggasInParis

PokerOwned God
    Bump

#NiggasInParis

Elite PokerOwned Member astub1975's Avatar
    Yeah, I have seen this video re-posted a few times here. He definitely has a good sense of humor and a decent (although dated) video library on YouTube.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Pocket jacks are bad luck. As shown in the video the guy makes trips and lose to a flush. The same damn thing happens to me when I play a pair of jacks.

Jacks usually min raise preflop in tourney and close to that in cash game, see what action presents.
    Our body is the temple of God. No man shalt mix clay with iron will surely perish.

Banned
    The problem isn't playing the hand. The problems lie with understandings and false beliefs about the absolute strengths and weaknesses of this hand. If you learn how to play post flop this JJ hand will become just another spot. Here's a hint go study flop textures.

Axx is a good one cbet and shutdown board

987ss with two of the same suit is an awful board to cbet as a bluff

Kxx like K72r is a great board to cbet vs 1-2 opponents and usually they have the King when you get called. you don't even have to bet much here with a hand like 44

Qxx is an ok board to cbet but not as good as Kxx. Kxx is so good because people always put you on AK and it's hard for your opponent to continue without holding the king

952r is a good board to fire multiple times with overcards into 1-3 people but it's also ok to take free cards or bet turns instead

446 or any paired flop is a great time to lead right out with sets or to bet flop+turns, and sometimes rivers as bluffs. Use big cards and scare cards to bluff certain runouts

Ok so with JJ you just play the board post flop and open normally preflop. If you are heads up and don't know what to do you can't go wrong with a cbet more often than not. Shut down when there's two overcards, and multiway when there's an ace, don't draw to gutshot Broadway if it's like AQK lol. And don't overplay it. Bet to keep in dominated hands like draws, second and top pairs or to trap lower overpairs. Don't overplay it preflop either. It's fun to make sets with in cash games. And in tournies you can be more aggressive, cbet more, and definitely look for shove spots when short preflop and vary between 3bet and mostly flats pre depending on villains. the lower the stakes the more likely I am to just flat preflop and use my edge postflop