Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63355.4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro

Are you a bad poker player? Have a gambling problem? Well Bovada WANTS YOU!

You're all probably aware that Bovada has the 'anonymous players' feature. One might ask why introduce such a thing. Is it for security reasons? Is it because they want the game to be more enjoyable? Maybe they just want to be unique? Well no to all actually. The answer is that, from their skewed perspective, it will attract losing/depositing/degenerate players. You know, because the money you deposit and hold in your account is theirs anyway. They also have no reservations about sharing this info with the public. See for yourself:

Jonas Odman Talks About Bodog Networks Software Update : Online Gambling News

"We have decided to introduce Anonymous Tables across all tables, both cash game and tournament tables. This is perfectly in line with Bodog Recreational Poker Model, our strategy of focusing on net depositing players. The anonymity will protect them by creating a more level playing field. This will mean that net depositing players get more entertainment for their money which will increase player retention. Player tracker tools and HUD's are net depositing players' biggest enemy, and we are now effectively stopping these from ever working on our software again. We will lose some users of these tools but that is only going to create a better environment for the net depositing players who are actually the ones generating the revenue through their deposits. In the poker forums (winning) players are furious which I can understand, like most predators they are not the best suited to look after an eco-system."
    Last edited by oVITOo; 02-16-2013 at 08:47 AM.

" net depositing players" is like P Diddy's "bitchassness" they created a word and ran with it. lol
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i love the anonymous thing. Its all about stopping people from using trackers, what is problem with that. Some of us just want to play, not pay for a figure out how to use pt's to take advantage of those who don't. You still play the same game, you just don't get to use a pt to get an advantage over those who don't

haha that actually makes sense, I like the site because it is easy to build a bankroll.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    quick ? i have never considered it myself but what % of people involved in online poker do u think use tracking
    and other poker software???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeyourface View Post
    " net depositing players" is like p diddy's "bitchassness" they created a word and ran with it. Lol
    rofl

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snklzona View Post
    quick ? i have never considered it myself but what % of people involved in online poker do u think use tracking
    and other poker software???
    I would say maybe 30-40% ???

Quote Originally Posted by LCDaBoss View Post
    I would say maybe 30-40% ???
    I think the number is much higher than that.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by madjek View Post
    i love the anonymous thing. Its all about stopping people from using trackers, what is problem with that. Some of us just want to play, not pay for a figure out how to use pt's to take advantage of those who don't. You still play the same game, you just don't get to use a pt to get an advantage over those who don't
    I can appreciate that opinion. It's shared by some others. Just bringing attention to there flawed/greedy/insulting reasoning. Fact is, you're playing a card game on a computer and tracking software is a reality, at least everywhere else. Live poker is the alternative. They've given you something you enjoy, whilst creating a security risk. Calling you an atm for them in the process.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by oVITOo View Post
    I can appreciate that opinion. It's shared by some others. Just bringing attention to there flawed/greedy/insulting reasoning. Fact is, you're playing a card game on a computer and tracking software is a reality, at least everywhere else. Live poker is the alternative. They've given you something you enjoy, whilst creating a security risk. Calling you an atm for them in the process.
    actually they just spoke the truth, without the players that deposit on regular basis, these rooms wouldnt exist, i think it was nice of them to come up with a cute name for us, .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast