Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61452.33

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Knight-Captain

Omg! I hate pokerstars!

As if i hadn't suffered enuf bad beats on pokerstars 2day, i really just got screwed. i was in 2 different 9 person sng's. i finished 3rd place in one when pokerstars gave me 10-10 & another guy k-k. yeah, 2 out of 3 people both got big pocket pairs. happens all the time, right? yeah, online it does. in the other sng, i was heads up w/ one other guy. i had 2/3 of the chips & got j-j. i raised, he re-raised, i went all in, & he called w/ k-j. of course, the river was a k. now he had the most chips. i almost got even when i got a-k & smooth called his raise. flop was 10-j-q. i check raised him all in & he had q-j. river was q. worst of all, he had the nerve 2 talk crap 2 me, after only winning cuz he got helped by pokerstars. AAaaaaaaggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Sergeant
    Pokerstars and Full tilt are the best on this moment.. please don't tell the bad beats you had, tell the story of the good software and tournaments...

Sergeant
    and second point.... it's very anoining to tell only bad beat story.. you set your self up against the game... you're not good enough to accept the beats... please learn from this

Yeah I hate to said this but nothing good to keep talking about bad beats, lol I hear this everywhere
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Banned
    yep it only takes a few bad beats to get the adrenaline going,but not all bad beats are badbeats.some are pretty obvious but i found if i go back and asess the situation i actually made a bad call or just simply played it wrong.better luck at the tables pro.
    Last edited by Thirdi3; 01-20-2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: haha I failed

Knight-Captain
    u think those bad beats aren't a part of the software? i luv everything on both of those sites, except the excessive amount of incredible bad beats.

Sergeant
    bad beats are a part of variance... accept it..on the long termin you will win if you accept the process...

Knight-Captain
    i also go back and assess the situation, usually by going 2 my poker odds calculator. when i have hands that are between 70-90% favorites, getting beat more than half the time, sumthing's wrong.

added at 3:06AM. i'm not saying it 2 bitch & moan (well, maybe a little bit. lol). i'm saying it to see how many other people are seeing what i'm seeing on a regular basis.

added at 3:09AM. dammit, i keep forgetting 2 hit "reply w/ quote" instead of just "reply". sorry. i guess it's not hard 2 figure out which responses are 4 which comments tho.

added at 3:16AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijssie View Post
    bad beats are a part of variance... accept it..on the long termin you will win if you accept the process...
    i completely understand variance. if a hand is a 80% favorite 2 win, the 20% is the variance. that's why i get so upset when i continually see hands that are favorites lose more often than they win. i do win more than i lose (i refuse 2 deposit $ anymore. i won a freeroll a few months ago & i've been playing off of that $ ever since) but usually by getting people 2 fold. otherwise, if it goes 2 a showdown, i get sucked out on.
    Last edited by Thirdi3; 01-20-2011 at 04:08 AM. Reason: To remove unneeded posts.

PokerOwned Pro
    bad beats happen all the time
    its part and parcel of the game
    as long as your good hands hold up most of the time
    then you should make more than you lose

Knight-Captain
    i can't see how everyone can't see what i'm seeing. i would guess that part are naive, part are the donks that are the ones the sites are helping suck out on the better hands and better players, and maybe part are experts playing on high stakes tables, where players are better and don't get into as many situations where they have to suck out. since u guys are obviously the experts, maybe you can help answer a question that i posted before but couldn't get an answer to:
    Does anybody know the odds of 2 different people both flopping a set in Hold'em? Since the odds of just one person flopping a set are pretty slim, you would think that the odds of 2 people both matching their pocket pair on the flop would be astronomical. Yet, I see it every day playing online. I don't think I've ever seen it in a live game, or even on tv.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast