Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65083.16

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar

?Seals With Clubs? Bitcoin Poker Site Hacked, 42,000 Passwords Stolen

'Seals With Clubs' Bitcoin Poker Site Hacked, 42,000 Passwords Stolen

Bitcoin poker site Seals with Clubs has confirmed that its database was compromised, although it failed to mention that it lost 42,020 hashed passwords in the process. The hashes were posted to a forum some 24 hours earlier and needless to say they attracted plenty of people bent on cracking them.

For some reason Seals with Clubs used SHA1 hash functions, which are for all intents and purposes obsolete.

That would explain the mandatory password change, which I should probably do now, I wish they would have said that was the reason, I would have done it then and there.
    Last edited by Poof; 12-23-2013 at 02:21 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    That definitely doesn't sound good in general man

Another site hacked. When will it stop.......NEVER! This is getting crazy. Nothing is safe from hackers. They will always find a way to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPLAYS11 View Post
    Another site hacked. When will it stop.......NEVER! This is getting crazy. Nothing is safe from hackers. They will always find a way to get in.
    always

LOL
    Familiar with the process they use for decrypting these passwords, given when this happened and what the process consists of they should be done decrypting the salting by now, meaning a few min to get easy passwords, no more than an hour for avg harder pass get those PWs changed like, yesterday. On another note, while id love to see swc grow, they NEED to upgrade s/w asap to a desktop client, running a basic flash swf applet through browser doesn't make me feel all secure (easy enough for any script kiddie to figure some stuff out) and obv this isn't unwarranted fear

Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    LOL
    Familiar with the process they use for decrypting these passwords, given when this happened and what the process consists of they should be done decrypting the salting by now, meaning a few min to get easy passwords, no more than an hour for avg harder pass get those PWs changed like, yesterday. On another note, while id love to see swc grow, they NEED to upgrade s/w asap to a desktop client, running a basic flash swf applet through browser doesn't make me feel all secure (easy enough for any script kiddie to figure some stuff out) and obv this isn't unwarranted fear
    They do have a desktop client... and a mobile app.