Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65083.16

Elite PokerOwned Member

Poker Trails Begin

Absolute Poker founder Brent Beckley Guilty
    Today 01:42 by Olsdog / dailypkr.com

Absolute Poker co-founder Brent Beckley appeared in a New York City courtroom yesterday, and pleaded guilty to wire fraud, bank fraud, and conspiracy to violate an internet law.

Beckley told the judge, "I knew it was illegal to deceive the banks in this way," before his lawyers delivered the guilty plea. He will now await sentencing, which will reportedly be 12-18 months in prison under a plea bargaining deal.

The 31-year-old is one of 12 defendants connected with the Black Friday case that the US Department of Justice is running. On April 15th, the US DOJ reprimanded Absolute Poker, UB Poker, PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker for alleged bank fraud and wire fraud crimes.

At the heart of the matter is that these poker sites worked with payment processors and banks to set up shell companies that disguised transactions going to and from these sites. With player deposits and cashouts billed as jewelry and golf ball purchases, the online poker rooms were able to circumvent the gambling site restrictions that US banks have to follow.

Other defendants in the case who will have to appear in court are Absolute Poker co-founder Scott Tom, Tiltware CEO Ray Bitar and PokerStars owner Isai Scheinberg. Out of these three, Scheinberg may have the easiest run in court since PokerStars has already settled with the US DOJ financially. Full Tilt, Absolute and UB Poker have still been unable to process player cashouts or settle their debts with the US DOJ.
    Last edited by sprocketdog; 12-21-2011 at 05:53 PM.

very sad for us USA players
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

that blows the big one
    poker terminology-
    Drawing Dead: If you call and hit your one outer.... I will kill you..!

Survey Master
    I bought lots of $25 golf balls.

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    oh wow...no wonder all these sites don't allow USA players...that sucks big time.

Knight-Lieutenant
    Wow, golf balls and jewelry really lol, they obviously caught on cause it was out there everywhere advertisements and marketing.

PokerOwned God
    Rich guy jacks millions and only gets a year ... surprised? ... I'm not.

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Wow, golf balls and jewelry really lol, they obviously caught on cause it was out there everywhere advertisements and marketing.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte