Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63736.37

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Merge Poker rigged?

I have come to the conclusion that Carbon Poker is rigged to negate skill. Prior to Black Friday I was a regular winner and withdrawer from CP (check my stats on SS), and a regular player in their "Tourney King" FR's. Shortly after BF, when their competition got shut down, it seemed like almost every time I got my stack in with way the best hand, some donk would catch his 3 or 4-outer to bust or cripple me. I began to notice that virtually ALL of the regular "Tourney King" players began to disappear. Why would they leave and where would they go? I also began to see final tables populated by players rated by Sharkscope as having "Skill Levels" in the 50's and 60's instead of 70's and 80's. For three days and over 1000 hands, I kept track of all of the all-in hands that I saw at my tables (not just MY hands), recording the % odds in the box when the cards turned up, and which hand actually won. My data showed the behind hand winning 71% more often than probability would predict. My research shows that Merge is associated with the Kanhawakee Tribe of Mohawk Indians and that the software is a product of Mohawk Internet Technologies. The site is regulated by the Kanhawakee Gaming Commision. The headquarters of the tribe is Kanhawakee, Canada. Wouldn't it benifit everyone in the town or the tribe to take away random, and help the donk/loser/depositors and target the skilled/winner/withdrawer? I assure you, I will NEVER deposit another dime to that site.

I don't see how negating skill earns Carbon more money? Someone always wins the hand and it's not Carbon, it's one of the players. They get the same rake no matter what.

all this investigating shows that Merge has more inexperienced players than any other site.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysky View Post
    I don't see how negating skill earns Carbon more money? Someone always wins the hand and it's not Carbon, it's one of the players. They get the same rake no matter what.
    This.

Carbon makes their money regardless of who wins and loses individual hands.

As for the 1000 hands of data, that's nowhere near a large enough sample size to draw any conclusions from.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

PokerOwned Master
    I think they are doing some shady things. I've been all-in being the big favorite to win, and have lost more that half of those hands.

i do think carbon is rigged. i hold while ahead a crap ton more on winning and revolution network.
    no data, sorry. im just not playing merge seriously n e more
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Yeah Merge has changed something cause it wasnt this bad before black friday, Now the underdog is favored more often then not.. You see players playing this horrible style of play nowadays and its getting rewarded a shit ton more then it was before black friday!! They have EVERYTHING to gain by keeping donks around, i dont what part of that some of you dont understand. 2 years ago the way play is today would have had ALOT of people quitting poker altogether cause it didnt reward at the rate it does today! I think 1000's of hands is a good enough sample to have an opinion that something has changed.. When you have fewer customers you have to find a way to keep them and keep them gambling. Risk takers are going to make more money for the site then solid(tight selective agressive) players. Solid players dont over risk there money, they dont buy right into another one if they get donked out. A real player uses BRM and thats something these sites dont want, so why not reward some risk takers more often then not, they know they will buy into another one real quick. I dunno id really like to believe online isnt rigged but you just see way too much BS to just push it aside.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Only losing players say Merge is rigged.

it's not rigged , just most of the players from there have their brains "rigged" )

If the site's software helps the donk/depositors and targets skilled withdrawers, the money stays on the site until it can be raked. I am speaking in generral terms; of course people win and people lose, but if you withdraw more than once, LOOK OUT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast