Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63944.32

Thread: MERGE gaming

Experienced Member

MERGE gaming

Hey guys, so today after a few years of never believing online poker could be "rigged" my mind changed when a total of 7 bad beats with a chance of less than 10% on each one occurred within a few hands.

Here's a few examples, let me know what you guys think, I actually want some opinions not posts that people just make for free points.

First scenario:

I have 4200 chips, about 12 BB with KK in position. Kid raises 3-4 BB's and I shove all in about 30 min into the small MTT. He calls and turns over K 9 off and the flop comes J 8 3 rainbow. He then hits two running 9's which made me get up and almost throw my laptop out the window. Since I had a few more chips than him I was left to slowly die out in the tourney with about 650 chips.

Second scenario:

Following the previous hand, I receive 5 2 off and decide to rage tilt all in with the little chips I had left. Get called ofcourse the guy turns over pocket aces. What do you think happens next? You guessed it. Flop K 2 9 turn 3 river 5. It's With the blinds that were folded due to him shoving and him doubling me up, I reside at ~ 1.8k chips.

Last scenario:

Not in sequence, but the same MTT, I receive KK on the button and raise it up about 1/4 my stack. Get called to a flop 3 J 9. With no flush/straight draws on the flop, the guy shoves all in and I immediately call. He turns over A 9, turn ofcourse is an ace and I bust out of the tourny.

Guys I do understand that bad beats are part of poker, trust me. The thing is, this many suckouts and bad beats have never once occurred to me.

Let me know if you have any comments or criticism. I'd like to know more about this.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I'm still under the theory of long bad break streaks as being coincidence and nothing more.