Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E-Mail i just sent to Merge

Hello,

I was just wondering if you could pass on some information as to why you decided to go with the payout structure you currently employ. I would guess that in 70-90% of tournaments ive played the minimum cash is close to double the buy-in, While on merge i have noticed many min cashes less than the buy-in.

This has annoyed me for awhile and it has erked me a little on how bad this structure is. What pushed me over the edge is i am watching my friend play a $15 + $1.50 tourney that pays out top 20 with 11-20 getting $16.80. Yeah thats right half of the people that cash make 30c or 2% profit. Can you explain to me the reasoning behind this.

Either you are paying out to many places or just paying out extremely top heavy but for a min cash in a tourney to be 102% of the buy-in or less in some cases is simply mind boggling.

I anxiously await a response with the thought process behind this.

Regards
    Sean

P.S. I will post the reply in this thread when i get it

Experienced Member
    I think they want to give more people something than just top 10 all of it.

Experienced Member
    I know if top 20 paid and I was running really bad and was at number 19, i am glad to get something so I can have a stake at another tournament than get nothing if top 10 paid. But I do think they need to change their payment denominations.

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    the payouts blow...the email was good. i want to be rewarded for a deep run. giving everything to first makes poker incredibly tough to be profitable

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Prawney, very observant, Merge payout are set that way, so that players that are not that good still cash,

Merge is able to keep lower ability players hooked by throwing them scraps,

How many REAL POKER players are going to spend money trying to win 27% of a prize pool for winning 1st place in a tourny.

Donks love to get to bottom of payout, they feel accomplished, and continue invest,

Pokerowned freerolls have structured payout to reward participation, actual Merge Buyins are structured that way

as a Marketing Ploy

Now you see why no Merge Skin was never endorsed by any real poker pros.

Even in 3 card monte, the shill is going to let you win sometimes
    Last edited by sprocketdog; 08-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Knight-Lieutenant
    yeah i want to leave and not comme back to poker forever

Even though I really don't play large MTTs, I would be interested in the response. The payment structure there does need to be re-structured.

Thanks for this info I also am curious as to what the response will be. After reading this I really don't want to grind the MTT's there now, which is what I am more comfortable with. I guess I am going to stick with Sit and Goes for now.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    Yeai totally agree, the top 2 in all of merge;s mtts are usually at least 40 percent of the whole pot! lol but it also makes it that much sweeter when you place top 2 i would personally stay away from sit an gos and play mtts exclusively and hope for a w or close win

I only have enough in my Bankroll to play sit and goes, when I get it up to $20 then I might try a MTT just to see how it is at Carbon

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast