Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63736.37

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Last Man Standing 2014

Last year I had a thread tracking my progress in this promo, my goal then was to qualify for a freeroll that was part of that promotion. This year there is no freeroll, but I have a bigger bankroll, so I'm going to try and make top 100. I made my first deposit last month, so part of my motivation is that this challenge will help me clear that bonus.

Day 1/Day 2 - This was basically one long grind since I'm on PST and server time resets the day at 9 pm. I played a little the night before that counted towards Day 1, but I had to put in about 16 hours total to make the points for both days. Starting bankroll for the day was $121 and ended at $162, so it was a profitable grind.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

Good luck with this Rghy. This is the promotion that single handedly propelled my micro BR to almost 4k in 6 weeks. I started with like $20 from PO FR winnings and was gringing as many little PLO8 and Stud8 tables as I could. We are talking like $4 PLO8 cash and $4 @ 10c/20c stud and stud8. I rolled it up fast and was raking over $100 a day easily. I raked $5,000 in 6 weeks and made top tier VIP before I ended up running the absolute worst in the biggest games. I made it down to like 10 people... dont try, it was hell LOL. I ended up tilting away/getting bad beat in games I had no business playing with my BR. IE $10-20 stud8 and 5-10 Lo8. I ended up losing over half of it back b4 I salvaged a cash-out. I say that to say, they suck you into raking a bunch and you get into the mindset that rake is the endgame. Play to extract some value from the promotion, but dont get tied down by it. just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    Good luck with this Rghy. This is the promotion that single handedly propelled my micro BR to almost 4k in 6 weeks. I started with like $20 from PO FR winnings and was gringing as many little PLO8 and Stud8 tables as I could. We are talking like $4 PLO8 cash and $4 @ 10c/20c stud and stud8. I rolled it up fast and was raking over $100 a day easily. I raked $5,000 in 6 weeks and made top tier VIP before I ended up running the absolute worst in the biggest games. I made it down to like 10 people... dont try, it was hell LOL. I ended up tilting away/getting bad beat in games I had no business playing with my BR. IE $10-20 stud8 and 5-10 Lo8. I ended up losing over half of it back b4 I salvaged a cash-out. I say that to say, they suck you into raking a bunch and you get into the mindset that rake is the endgame. Play to extract some value from the promotion, but dont get tied down by it. just my 2 cents.
    Wow, that's an awesome run!! I'm gonna stick with my personal rules of BRM which is not using more than 5% for a BI. Re-entries count as triple the actual buy-in and re-buys count as 5x the actual buy-in. So for a $1 re-entry I need a BR of $60, for a $1 re-buy I need a BR of $100. I'm starting with all the $1 and $2 tourneys, then when I have less than 5 of those going on I start signing up for SNGS. If I run through all the SNGs I want to play and have less than 5 tables I will add .02/.04 nl tables to keep the number of tables at 5. Since I'm playing a lot of MTTs, what makes my sessions so long is that I may earn the points within 2-3 hours, but it'll take me another 1-2 hours to finish up the MTTs I'm in.

Day 3 - 4.5 hour session to get my 50 points. Tomorrow it goes up to 75 points. Unfortunately the games weren't treating me too well so I ended the day with a BR of $140. However, I did win a $33 coupon that I will use tomorrow in a DON. The DON will count for 19 points, so that will help me reach the higher goal.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    That's awesome. I hope that coupon does you well. I look forwards to more posts.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I really didn't compete in this contest, but good luck for you

Day 4 - It sucked. I made my 75 points, but it took over 5 hours and my BR took another hit down to $135. $135 doesn't sound like much of a hit, but it could have been way worse. The only thing that saved me was winning a $2.20 MTT for $40. Part of what took so long was that I couldn't use my $33 coupon. I guess those kind of games don't run in the middle of the night!

Honestly though, if things don't change I'm not sure I'll make it through another night. This session went a couple hours longer than I wanted it to, which kills my day tomorrow. A big part of it was low traffic, so I just couldn't put in the volume I wanted to. There were only 2 .02/.04 9 man nlhe tables going, so I couldn't play as many tables as I wanted.

So one caveat of this promotion is that there are "free" days where you don't have to meet the requirements and are still eligible. Since this is Day 4, I'll be interested to see how many people basically gave up before they started.

I didn't get a chance to enter this one. GL and I hope you reach your goal.

Parlay Champion
    I opted in and gonna try my luck with the last man standing promo, but if i had didnt have bad luck id have no luck. Gonna grind and try it anyway. Wish me luck anyways please, Im gonna need it.

Quote Originally Posted by thepokerkid View Post
    I opted in and gonna try my luck with the last man standing promo, but if i had didnt have bad luck id have no luck. Gonna grind and try it anyway. Wish me luck anyways please, Im gonna need it.
    Good luck!!

Day 5 - Part 1? I give up for tonight. After four hours I've only earned 42 out of the 75 points I need. I'm tired and I'm going to bed. Depending on what time I wake up I may try and grind some cash before going to work to try and make it to the 75 points. There should be more tables going then to help get me to 75 points a little faster. Current BR $125.

PokerOwned Veteran
    keep it up! setting goals on a daily basis for your poker bankroll is a pretty cool idea. beats blowing it on stupid tournaments cus youre bored lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast