Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Moderator

(Merge) Chip Dumping and Multi-clienting

This is related to an older thread, but I finally got concrete answers to both of these topics.
    Chip dumping, as little as it may be is considered money laundering, and if any poker site allows it, even if it's just a buck between two players, they can get in trouble. Poker sites ban people asap when they are caught.
    Multi-clienting is illegal as a source of cheat prevention. They are just trying to be consistent. It's very hard to play the same tourney on multiple skins and heck, I don't think you are even able to register both clients onto it, but either way, that's the reasoning. Malicious intentions or accidental, merge takes multi-clienting seriously, so those using sandboxie or multiple pcs might want to reconsider.
    I'm definitely not going to do either of these things again. Your chances of getting caught are very very slim, assuming you aren't doing anything unethical, and as long as chip dumps are very small, but yes, they are against the rules. Hopefully this clears things up from what my older thread had in it. I'm definitely not going to start narking on people, lol. I just want everyone to know this is the concrete answer. I might be the annoying person who might seem like a goodie goodie warning people in chat, but just tell me to stfu if you don't care, because before my email today, I had the same attitude, so I understand.

PokerOwned God
    Well for me I will never do such kind of things, donīt want to get banned

PokerOwned Master
    I dont believe you can have more than 1 active real money account either. If you verify by deposit or send information on any 2 merge sites they can close all accounts in your name.

Sounds like trouble to me with a capital "T" !!! lmao
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Agree with everything except the part about there being a slim chance of your being caught. This is only true because most people (wannabe cheaters especially) are losing players. So there is no reason for them to get investigated. They start to go over your account with a fine tooth comb when you cash out. The MORE you are trying to cash out, the finer the comb. Our dream is to hit the big one some day. I would hate to see any of us score a big win, and then lose it because we decided to help a friend out with couple of bucks in a chip dump a year earlier. Think carefully before you try anything this silly.

PokerOwned Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by panthers63 View Post
    I dont believe you can have more than 1 active real money account either. If you verify by deposit or send information on any 2 merge sites they can close all accounts in your name.
    I've had at least 4 with a real money balance before, but I never deposited. The the limitation I've only seen lately is that you can only have one rakeback account on their network. I had three at one point because two skins moved from another network and I already had rakeback their, but that's an exception. Hopefully it's not true, because I like have my Carbon No Rakeback account to because there are nice freerolls when you get enough VIP points that takes only one day to grind if you're careful. With a rakeback account, it would be really hard.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    does this mean I donīt can have a carbon account and an account on Hero poker ?

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    good post bees...i kno two people who may have chip dumped in the past.t....

Banned
    Where did you get that information from bees?

PokerOwned Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffypuppy View Post
    Where did you get that information from bees?
    Emailed CEO of Hero Poker, a skin on merge. I'm sure it's in the Terms and Conditions too, but Dave answers people straight up. I haven't read the actual Terms and Conditions because I'm lazy, like most of us are, but because most of us don't see ethically why we can't do these things, and thus can interpret what we want to read in the lawspeak that is the Terms and Conditions. I do not think anyone will be banned if they stop now, because I'm sure merge can understand why people thought these were okay to do. I even told Dave I was asking these questions because I wasn't sure about the rules and that I've chip dumped and multi-cliented about a week ago, and I'm not banned yet, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast