Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran thenuts_sc77's Avatar

Ftp sale complete

The long-awaited deal for Groupe Bernard Tapie to take over Full Tilt Poker has been signed. The deal was brokered by the United States Department of Justice, and includes some form of repayment for all players who formerly held Full Tilt accounts.

PokerStrategy.com expects to acquire exclusive details on this story very shortly, and updates will be posted to this page as they arrive................On Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011, news broke that a signed deal had been reached to allow Groupe Bernard Tapie (GBT) to buy Full Tilt Poker (FTP) for $80 million. According to Yahoo Finance, the United States Department of Justice brokered a deal that saw FTP forfeit its assets to the U.S. government, who then sold the assets to the French investment firm.
    The deal, which needs to be approved by a two-thirds vote by FTP shareholders, also states that GBT will be responsible for paying back players outside the United States, and the Department of Justice will pay back players in the U.S., who are owed approximately $150 million. Specifics are not known, but U.S. players will have to apply for compensation through the DOJ.
    Finally, the DOJ has agreed to dismiss the civil forfeiture proceedings against FTP, which removes liability for the company's shareholders; however, it will not impact the individual proceedings against those individuals named in the indictments like Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson, and Ray Bitar.
    According to Poker Player Newspaper, Wendeen Eolis, CEO of EOLIS Intl Group, spoke with Benham Dayanim, counsel for GBT, who confirmed the deal: “The next step is to obtain an agreement from the Full Tilt Companies. I anticipate it will happen. It allows for players to be repaid, and resolves the FTP forfeiture action by the Government.”
    The deal also states that current FTP directors cannot hold shares in the company.
    Last edited by thenuts_sc77; 11-17-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: 4got to add more on

nice!!! finally a site that allows us players with good traffiking

Zab
    They still will not see the light of day for US players, ever
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Banned
    no way it will EVER be back in the us market

Banned
    i agree if they do reopen it will not be usa players, they will run like stars is now i can bet on that as well zab

Banned
    i just want ftp up and running again

I had like $55 in a frozen FTP account, b.c i had multiple accounts...do you think ill get that money? If i request a withdrawl?

I know its like a 1% chance but maybe I might get it....ill demand it by emailling support saying give me oney you ponzi scamming fuckers lol.....jk, but i hope they come back to the USA its like a .00001% but you never know since its new owners

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    I'm glad that Full Tilt is back and we will get our money back, but sad that we might never be allowed to play there again.

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    They still will not see the light of day for US players, ever
    However small the chances of it being, it is bigger now than ever before. Tapie is fully cooperative with the DoJ, and who knows what's going to happen if and when online poker is legalized. I'm not getting my hopes up that Full Tilt will be back to the US market one day, but I do think there is a chance that it can happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast