Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64239.23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

deposit bonuses are bogus

I made a small deposit on juicy and saw they automatically gave me a 200% bonus. Sounded great until I looked into what it would take to release it. They give 7 fpp per dollar fee in tournaments, the fee is usually around 10% of buyin. To release the first 5 bucks i need to earn 83.3 fpp's. If I played 100 dollars in tournaments I would get around 70 fpp's, so to get the whole bonus I would have to play over 500 dollars in tournaments. So these bonuses aren't really for the recreational player, if you aren't a grinder playing all day, you aren't going to get the bonus. They kind of make you want to play higher stakes than you should to earn more pts, guess I just have to forget about it and play and hope i get a hot streak and build br up enough that i can start earning decent amount of fpp's and release some of the bonus before it expires.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    yeah gotta go with the old saying, There are no free lunches
    I pay in blood....but not my own. BDylan

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    Have you ever read what the bonuses entail? It tells you exactly what you need to do in order to start earning. You might want to take a step back and read before you go through with something with expectations. Almost all bonuses work in this regard.

PokerOwned Master
    That's what deposit bonuses are about. You can't expect them to just give you money, you have to grind some rake for them too.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Yes i know this is how all dep bonuses work, my point is they are all bogus. They should call them a rake back bonus, but they all say stuff like this: "we will double your deposit...". They don't mention that its only if you can win enough to play over 20 times your dep worth of tournaments. I don't expect anything more, just think they should stop acting like they are giving you something for nothing, they are just giving you rake back until bonus is reached, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by madjek View Post
    Yes i know this is how all dep bonuses work, my point is they are all bogus. They should call them a rake back bonus, but they all say stuff like this: "we will double your deposit...". They don't mention that its only if you can win enough to play over 20 times your dep worth of tournaments. I don't expect anything more, just think they should stop acting like they are giving you something for nothing, they are just giving you rake back until bonus is reached, if ever.
    Do you expect them to just give you the money? Online poker is a business, if you lose your first deposit then maybe you're either not ready for real money play or were playing over your means. Bonuses aren't easily released if you only play tournaments, that's just how it works.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlova View Post
    Do you expect them to just give you the money? Online poker is a business, if you lose your first deposit then maybe you're either not ready for real money play or were playing over your means. Bonuses aren't easily released if you only play tournaments, that's just how it works.
    everyone seems to be missing my pt. I don't expect them to just give away money, i just don't think they should act like they are, on their webpage they say we will double you first dep. Not really a big deal, i'm just saying they should call it a rakeback bonus, thats what it really is. Any btw, sites give money away with fr's every day.

They are doubling your first deposit, restrictions do apply. Why call it a rakeback bonus when it is a deposit bonus. Rakeback is something entirely different. And freerolls offer players a way to win money without the financial risk, not relevant in the debate about deposit bonuses. To add to your rakeback comment, you can earn rakeback AND deposit bonuses on many sites.

Experienced Member
    Yeah they tell you before hand what they are going to do and how you unlock it. You gotta spend money to win money.

If you want bonus money you got play at the cash tables. Tournaments are never gonna get you there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast