Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61249.24

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Moderator

Was this collusion?

This person just reported me on Hero Poker for collusion. He raises, and I say "I really only have one hand, gl" and I push. It was omaha. I read the Terms and Conditions afterwards. All it says is not to share your hole cards. Ya.. it kind of a hint, but I believe, and you see it all the time in poker, that you're allowed to hint at your cards or what you want your opponent to believe to induce a call if you think you have the better hand. It's nothing knew. Now if I said something like... I'm holding all red cards, I think that might break the rules but I think you've gotta be really lame to report someone for something like that.

What do you guys think? Am I just retarded and wrong in this? Even technically, I am 100% sure this doesn't break the rules, but I guess I'll get an email soon enough to find out.

DId the other person fold? If so you could use an arguement that you were bluffin and using chat to help. No way this is breach of terms and conditions.; You obviously just ended up in a game with some 60 yr old woman who is menopausing and bitching about everythin she sees.

PokerOwned God
    It's not collusion ... its table talk. You are allowed to say something like I got a big hand or I'm bluffing. If there is a third party in the hand you shouldn't table talk, but this doesn't sound like what you are talking about here.

PokerOwned God
    I think that this is absolutely not a kind of collusion

PokerOwned Moderator
    I was in the BB, the crazy guy was on the button. He was also making a big deal about the SB being in it, but that person folded to his raise already. It was just me and him. That's what I figured too. Table talk. I believe the only wrong thing you can do is tell people what your hole cards are. Even so though... unless I'm telling someone secretly to collude, or I folded a hand and tell people what I folded, some people use this as a tactic too. Sometimes they tell the truth, sometimes they lie. Not sure if people are divided by this, but I remember people having a problem with Jamie Gold telling the truth about what he's holding. Apparently that's borderline breaking the rules, but apparently you can lie all day about your hole cards.
    Oh well, thanks for being on my side.

PokerOwned Moderator
    Also, just thought this was funny. The tournament was the 33 cent micro MTT in hero. It was the omaha one. People are insane.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    If it was just the 2 of you in the hand and you were all in, then there was just 1 decision to be made -- call or fold. This can't be collusion, who would you be colluding with?

The same situation with others still in the hand and it's still not collusion, but it IS bad manners and bad form. Personally, I don't like to see people even hint at their cards while the hand is being played by 3+.

Not collusion as there were no other players in the hand. You could have just told the other player what you had at this point, but, as someone already pointed out it's just bad form and bad habit. It starts to get hairy when you say even what you said w/ more than one other person in the pot. Just not good to point out anything when there is action to be made on other players parts. Nothing ticks me off more than the table pro announcing possible combination or hand possibilities while actions are still to be made. Really bad habit, n as always just stay away from sticky situations as poker rooms and judgements are not always handled by expert judges. GL to ya, and hope this helps.

Sergeant
    a good rule of thumb is to let your cards do the talking.or,you can use animations to pissem off.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    For sure not collusion, just table talk which is allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast