Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70841.68

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced Member

Carbon Poker Whiners

I am fairly new to Pokwerowned and have been really impressed by the community you guys have built here.

One Observation

I see an unbelievable amount of whining, complaining, bitching etc regarding how Carbon Poker screws people out of good hands. I am just curious what kind of secret super power Carbon Poker is using to force these people to continue playing their tables if this is indeed true?

Furthemore, I would like to know who not to piss off so that these super duper secret super powers are not used against me and my massive $25 bankroll?

Advice would be appreciated.

****This post is in no way intended to piss off the Greek God of Pzeus who has been known to rule Carbon Poker and risks his multi-million dollar business by rigging hands in low stakes poker in favour of other low stakes poker players.****
    Last edited by lazerbeam84; 04-23-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Love the post..lol..but you must know, people will whine..it's human nature..lol

Experienced Member
    Ha, thanks. Seems I can't read through an entire thread on here without someone making a comment like "F*** Merge", or Carbon Sucks, or blah blah blah blah. Was reading a great post on MTT strategy and BAM! right in the middle of it: "This might work everywhere else except Carbon."

Is there a kryponite like material we can use to defend ourselves against Pzeus?

****This post is in no way intended to piss off the Greek God of Pzeus who has been known to rule Carbon Poker and risks his multi-million dollar business by rigging hands in low stakes poker in favour of other low stakes poker players.****

If you ever happen to check out other forums, you'll find people who swear on their lives that PokerStars is rigged, Full Tilt was rigged... etc. The same "bad beats" happen on all sites.

In almost all cases, the whiners are tryin to rationalize why they lost a particular hand. They get fixated on the result of a hand (the fact that they lost) and don't take the time to analyze how the entire hand played out. You can play a hand perfectly and still not win the hand; that's poker. As a player, you should only be focusing on the one thing you have control over in a hand: your own play.

In poker, you are playing against your opponents at the table (or in the tournament), not the dealer or the poker site. The site, whether it's PokerStars or Carbon, doesn't care who wins and who loses.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Elite PokerOwned Member
    People whine and complain about every site. It will never end and every site will be rigged when they hit that juicy 3 outer on the river.

Quote Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
    If you ever happen to check out other forums, you'll find people who swear on their lives that PokerStars is rigged, Full Tilt was rigged... etc. The same "bad beats" happen on all sites.

In almost all cases, the whiners are tryin to rationalize why they lost a particular hand. They get fixated on the result of a hand (the fact that they lost) and don't take the time to analyze how the entire hand played out. You can play a hand perfectly and still not win the hand; that's poker. As a player, you should only be focusing on the one thing you have control over in a hand: your own play.

In poker, you are playing against your opponents at the table (or in the tournament), not the dealer or the poker site. The site, whether it's PokerStars or Carbon, doesn't care who wins and who loses.
    to bad this great knowledge won't be read because the whining won't ever stop

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Master
    I think what you have to understand is that as a poker forum, people like to post bad beats hoping to vent and get some support from a community of fellow poker players.

I must admit, I am one of those offenders and have bashed on carbon more than one time in the forums, however again I am usually venting. My personal belief is that lower stakes are much looser or most players don't understand fundamentals thus leading to bad plays/beats.

But if you look at any other forum you will see people bashing on other sites (i.e. ps, ft, bovada, etc.). The reason Carbon gets the most attention on this site is that a lot of the players on the site are from the U.S. and the merge network seems to be the most popular of the very limited options we have.

Experienced Member
    Exactly my point. Just trying to add some humour into this whole conversation. There is a magical moment in every game where I can look back and know I did something I wasn't supposed to; but there are times when there was nothing I could do to avoid losing (short of mystical powers to see the future). For example, AA and I push all in, another player follows me all in; he also had AA and I lose to the flush. Was the site riggged, nope sure wasn't. Poker is a game of skill combined with luck. Just unlucky. When we are playing 100 hands an hour we are all bound to have those WTF moments.

PokerOwned God
    carbon sucks...lol

PokerOwned God

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast