Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66774.25

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar

Carbon changed my screen-name, but why?

So I have not played at Carbon in a few months and when I logged on it said I had my name/password wrong. So I had them e-mail me the details and it seems my screen-name has been changed to match my user-name. So now my user-name and screen-name are identical and my old screen-name does not exist. Anyone ever had anything like this happen or have any theories why they would do that?

...Yeah me either.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Never heard of that happening no idea where I'd go from here in your shoes, though for me unless they made my username skittlegigglefart or something I wouldn't really let it bother me.

Here is a copy of the E-mail that Carbon support sent me...

Dear Derek,

Thank you for contacting us.

In regards to your inquiry, I would like to inform you that your username and nickname are the same as when you opened the account. We have not made any changes in your account. We do apologize for any confusion.

We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter. Your reference ID for this email is LTK1713406325550X; please quote this number in any further communication on this subject.

Kind regards,

Daniel Gordon

The same?! Are they that incapable of monitoring their own system. I am not a prolific member here but I would be surprised if at least a few of you did not remember me playing in Carbon games for 6 months with the screen-name of "IWASLION", then I opened an 'Aced' account and played there under the name 'YallWatchDis'. I always assumed that they require you to have a screen-name unique to your user-name as a security measure to make it harder on hackers to guess your password and gain access to your account without knowledge of your user-name which is used for log-ins. I am POSITIVE that they were not the same before, my auto-log-in even failed with the original auto-fill information in the fields. Do any of you have identical screen-names and user-names?

PokerOwned Pro
    Maybe they think you need a make over, turn you into Dirk Diggler and make u a star

Carbon changed mine a few years ago but informed me when they did. I have no clue why they would without your knowledge or consent.

Why did they say they wanted to change it?

Support did when there was an security breach somewhere. Other Carbon users had been affected too. I believe they gave me the option though, still curious why they would then back peddle when you emailed them about it. When it happened to me, they were fairly straight forward with information.

Yeah, its the cover-up that I can't get past. I actually like the name better.

PokerOwned God
    That's weird. A guess can be that it was changed because someone else already had the same name. Although, it probably would've come up when you put your name in.