Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63297.27

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar

Anti-cheating company

Hi,

When I used to play on a team for Call of Duty: United Offensive, we used to have hackers all the time. Wall hacks, auto-aims, etc, however when it came down to a league tourney (TWL) the company used 'amped' up the firewall and we usually won (I don't think any hackers ever made it to a league-based team).

I was wondering what you guys think of the anti-cheating company PunkBuster?

PunkBuster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Has anyone heard of this company? What does online poker have top benefit from this company or others like it?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Daniel Ruth A.K.A. Warpath.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

EddieTorr
    Interesting. Had never heard of it til now. Don't think it would necessarily be effective for online poker, but I must say I don't fully understand how it works.

PokerOwned Master
    I never heard of it either. wonder if they could work on all the bad beats with online poker lol. Probably not. they would probably be ought off at some point.

Experienced Member
    This is the first i've heard about it but some companies could benefit from it. Most poker rooms have built in anti-cheating software or so they say. I don't know how many actually use third party software for this function but personally I would prefer third party regulation to prevent things like bots and the poker provider from cheating.

It's all relative... Busy work so to speak.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

The Ninja virus is out there for poker players to cheats. Them Russians is cheating like hell.

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i've never played that online before. But that's messed up if ppl are cheating. y can't ppl just b honest and not cheat when playing

PokerOwned Veteran
    are you sure it exists.
    had never heard of this issue.
    emesare researching this.
    Ave Fenix XD

Quote Originally Posted by DuckU408 View Post
    The Ninja virus is out there for poker players to cheats. Them Russians is cheating like hell.
    If the Flyers could put the 2012-2013 season behind them, they would. They endured the “costly mistake” of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov and terminated the final seven years of the wacky Russian’s contract with a compliance buyout. That means they’re paying him over $1.6 million a year to not play in Philly. The saga is enough to keep one of the biggest ongoing questions about the Flyers going, namely: do they know what the heck they’re doing with goaltenders?
    http://news.hockeydraft.ca/2013/09/0...elphia-flyers/

I've heard of the existence of software that allows you to see the community cards before they're dealt. I have not ever seen it or known anyone to use it, but there's definitely been times at table that players make completely nonsensical (not even just bad) plays and have miracle draw outs. Hands that are so terrible that you wouldn't play them like this unless you knew the outcome of the community cards yet. I'm not convinced its out there yet, but I do wonder...