Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63958.76

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Survey Master
    maybe im wrong here but this seems like you owe these guys money s810. dk had 4% meaning he would have gotten his 20% back and 4% of the profit right? if buyin is 215$ and min cash was 450$ thats 235$ profit. 4% of that is 9.40. idk seems like youre wrong here

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62278 View Post
    maybe im wrong here but this seems like you owe these guys money s810. dk had 4% meaning he would have gotten his 20% back and 4% of the profit right? if buyin is 215$ and min cash was 450$ thats 235$ profit. 4% of that is 9.40. idk seems like youre wrong here
    Ok what you're thinking of is how a stake works, with stakeback, etc. This was buying a piece of the action, namely 1% of total cashed for $5, what i figured this at was $215, $2.15 would be 1% of buyin or in a horse/staker sit, 1/2% of the cash, so to make it an even number, doubled so $4.30 (with a 1.15 markup) so $5 for 1%.

Due to the last minute setup, I didn't go over the extra details such as makeup offering (i prefer EITHER makeup OR stakeback, not both, just the same as I offer my horses, I usually require stakeback but dont expect makeup, since I didn't go over that i was going to auto offer makeup as that is more valuable to the investor)

So to reiterate, given I was buying in myself and selling shares of my action, they technically weren't paying into the buyin (kind of like betting on a horse, you get the payout winning, not winning + initial buyin). This is typically how I would sell a share of action of games I'm buying into anyways. Now if it was staked or the investors were paying into a BAP (buy a piece) bankroll, I would most definitely have more options, including stakeback.

Any other questions on the math or why I did it this way please respond, like i said it was just a quicky, not representative of how I run stakes
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    uh, this needs to be adjusted to a more fair return. There is no stake I have seen in my life where a cash resulted in a loss of funds. At $5 per %, you would be generating $500 for a $200 MTT. I am sure that is just a mistake on your part as you are experienced in this area. No doubt you thought it up quick and just put in the wrong numbers No one is getting a 150% Mark Up in any stake even if they are Phil Ivey.

Now, they did agree to the terms, but to be fair, you should really make this a more realistic share of your 'cash' and pay out some money due to the misunderstanding.

Edit: A normal Professional Mark Up is 1.2 which equals $240 total at 100%
    ya know given i quick posted everything, tbh ill relook at this after im done in my games, prolly over thought it lol

edit - however if you think about it they are supposed to be at 50/50 of cash line, so it isnt too far off, I quoted it at 1% technically if I sold more then the buyin, up to 100%, id make nothing in the game, the way i posted it i could ONLY sell 43% max
    Last edited by s810car; 03-13-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

either way terms were set and agreed to. But washing it works too just do to the confusion. Nice run get a little deeper next time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12