Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64708.34

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    nice thread, very useful tips and suggestions not only for beginners.. Now we just need more survey for europeans

Banned
    Good thread for new people to follow. I have a suggestion for people who avoid doing downloads out of fears of spyware, adware, and viruses. I've had my computer virtually shut down due to downloads I've done and have learned to do two things that every computer owner should know how to do. #1 - Learn how to start your computer in Safe Mode. Most times you will ever have ad/spy/bot/virus problems you can still open Windows in Safe Mode. Once you have learned to do that then; #2 - From Safe Mode or any other time you have Windows open, learn how to use System Restore. If you use System Restore you can reset your computer to an earlier date before any download you may have done. If you restore your computer to a date when it was working fine the invading ad/spy/bot/virus will cease to have control over your computer and you can go on your way. Over the past year after doing dozens and dozens of downloads here I've had to use Safe Mode twice and System Restore probably 6 times. It's extra work, but I have earned thousands of points on downloads and I don't worry about the occasional pain the ass time when I have to Restore my computer. So, if you use this site to earn points I strongly recommend you learn how to use Safe Mode when you first start up your computer, and System Restore once you have Windows loaded.

When I try to take the surveys, it seems like almost all of them say "Not available in your country".

thanks!

That's good info for anyone down loading. JustSayn................................
    "Maybe Poker's Just Not Your Game"

Seasoned Veteran
    Nice thread! I am grateful for your tips

wath can i do if allways i get " not avaliable for your country or region "

PokerOwned Veteran
    Does anybody have a you tube video out showing how to take a survey correctly to get credited with points? If so, please share. I'm pretty sure I would not be the only one who would appreciate the video. Of course I want to be able to get points from the surveys...thats where all the good points are.

I'm going to expand on this, because even though I'm new here, I have a bit of experience on how these work, and I'm hoping to start mentoring on this soon (easiest way to earn - have someone else learn and do it for you ) All the advice is great, however there's a lot to add:

• What do you do if you already use IE as your main browser and don't want to clear your browser every time you want to earn points? Download another browser SPECIFICALLY for this, I'd recommend Pale Moon, a memory efficient carbon copy of Firefox (which a lot of people already use, hence the suggestion in case you already use it, no learning curve and easy to learn clearing individual cookies from it, if you don't use Firefox that's a great option as well)
    • They need an address? Well use yours and you are subject to ads and junk. You 'might' be able to use a P.O. Box, but not always allowed, if it is though, they usually wont load all that junk in your box esp. if already full. A lot of sites can verify you live somewhere, so fake address is out. HOWEVER, you ever needed to verify something at WU or the bank and wonder how they use a question like, did you ever live on *insert old address*? That information is linked to you by the SAME THING THESE SITES CHECK!! In other words, do you remember your old address? Now this brings a slight morality issue into it: this would mean if they do send ads, you just subjected your old address to this annoyance. If you have any worry about this PLEASE do not do that. On the other hand any samples you get free go there too so maybe it balances out lol
    • Phone number harassment worries but have a smartphone? Use your mobile phone without worry (mostly) and download a blacklisting app for your iphone/android/etc. This will stop those calls from the semi-legit ad companies, they call you then after hanging up blacklist it, no more calls. The completely unscrupulous companies this wont help however, because they have a LOT of numbers to switch to for calling you. User discretion advised
    • Alternative email is critical, but there's one issue not mentioned, do NOT use a mail client to open it, or your normal browser if you followed step 1, OR click any confirmation links in the email if you use step 1. Why? You just defeated the purpose of doing step 1! What is your default browser? The same one clicking the link will send you too (and now has them bad cookies)!! Copy the url text and paste in your dummy browser, that will work just fine and not mess up your main browser.
    • Downloading programs: I HIGHLY recommend you get spybot: search and destroy, this is one of the BEST adware/spyware programs out that is free, do not set it to monitor though, that's about as good as using adblock while filling out surveys, it'll block you from getting most items converted. Just wait untill the points get converted, then run a scan to flush it out, after doing a proper uninstall of all programs you installed
    • As well, use a PROPER uninstaller, not windows. Any bad program is going to leave junk in your registry, or not even have an uninstaller. I recommend decrap, GREAT bloat remover, along with a good registry cleaner of your preference

Following these steps should ensure you not only stay worry free for malicious programs and more malicious sales reps, but help you convert the most options. That about does it for the BASICS, now I have a bunch more to say in advanced methods, however this I will hold for when I may be able to do mentoring, too valuable as it involves proof of concept techniques that would allow you to BOTH do good converting surveys over and over, and EVEN allow multiple times of downloading software!! Thats it for now...GL at the point mining!!

One thing is not hole clear to me, does my survey email has to be the same email as in my pokerowned profile?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast