Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We have 30 days to step up and oppose this legislation, do your part!

There is legislation in the works to shut down online poker. We have 30 days to get 100k signatures, step up.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe...r-gaming-sites
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PokerOwned Master
    Weekly Update from Rich Muny, VP of Player Relations

Weekly Update from Rich Muny, VP of Player Relations
    Last week. I discussed with you the House Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations Subcommittee hearing on HR 707, the bill to shut down state-authorized poker websites. We won, despite a witness list stacked against us, but that did not come easily. While the casual observer may think it “just happened,” it was actually the result of a lot of hard work by a lot of people. And, as the fight is far from over, be assured PPA will keep taking the fight to Las Vegas Sands Corp. (Venetian, Palazzo, and Sands Bethlehem), LVS CEO Sheldon Adelson, and their minions. I know I can count on you to keep up the fight too.

One piece of the effort that ultimately led to our hearing victory was PPA’s attendance at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in February. I shared with you at that time that PPA Executive Director John Pappas had a debate scheduled with Las Vegas Sands VP of Government Relations Andy Abboud, but Abboud did not appear. CPAC sponsor American Conservative Union asked Las Vegas Sands Corp. to send anyone, but they chose not to, apparently preferring backroom lobbying to allowing the light of day on their machinations.

As John Pappas handily defeated anti-poker/gaming activist (and HR 707 subcommittee hearing witness) John Kindt in their debate at CPAC 2011, perhaps it was even less of a surprise that LVS would not take him on. So, instead, John gave a terrific speech on the rights of poker players and of the states to choose to authorize the game. I encourage you to take a moment to watch the just-released “debate” video:

Watch Video

Take Action: “We the People” Poker Petition to President Obama
    We the People is a feature on the White House website that allows Americans to petition the administration on a range of issues. Per the site, “if a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it is sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.” That bar is very high -- 100,000 signatures in 30 days -- but we can use this opportunity to promote our opposition to HR 707 if we hit the threshold or not.

We successfully petitioned the White House in 2011 and received a response, so please be sure to sign the 2015 petition, and please tweet your followers with a message asking them to sign on too!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

bump
    if you are american and don't sign this, don't bitch in a month if we can't play at all.
    Last edited by Poof; 04-05-2015 at 07:42 PM.

PokerOwned God
    signed..............

Be sure to verify your email with the link they send, or the vote does not count.

DONE and confirmed!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thanks for keeping us updated on the online poker news. It's a shame that now even weed is legal (not that I'm opposed to that), and yet I still have to jump through freaking play some online poker!

Experienced Member
    I signed. Took only a few seconds. All should put their name down.

Thank you for signing this petition!

good Lord. I must have been sleeping while this has been going on, shame on me!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast