Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64149.98

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

USA restrictions

"As stated, now that Bovada has effectively banned players from four states, every major online poker room bans players from certain states. In a casualty of the Bovada developments, new players from Washington State currently have no significant online poker options due to the very harsh laws which actually make it a felony to play online poker in the state (with the same potential penalties as rape)."

Is this old news and I just haven't come across it yet? Kinda made me sick to read that..

The states involved had been banned from other sites as well. I remember when Pokerstars one day stopped letting players from the state of Washington play. Doesn't really change a whole lot.

Most of the sites are letting players play if they already had accounts, but won't allow for new accounts to be made by players living in those states.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Was able to play there on an exsisting account. Don't know about withdraws though. Only state I heard of being banned there was Maryland due to the lawsuit from that state.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

I'm referring to the part of the post that is bold and underlined....

Quote Originally Posted by savelapuck View Post
    Yes, that part is old news. The state of Washington has had that law on the books for a couple of years now.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savelapuck View Post

Washington state is one of the most difficult states to play poker in, namely online poker. It’s actually a class C felony to play poker online and if you end up getting caught, you could be fined up to $10,000 and up to 5 years in prison.

Lock Poker for play money is all I found for new accounts. Looks like its been there for a couple years. Hope other west coast states dont follow suit!
    Last edited by MrPokerVerse; 04-02-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

Wow a felony for playin online poker lol... same charges as rape damn Well seems like you get raped on most of these poker sites anyway lol.... specially carbon hea haw

PokerOwned God
    The WA law is kinda new around a year or two if my memory is working ... KY was the worst for awhile but even there it don't think its a "felony".

Gotta look up the WA now since I was living in Seattle for a few years around the late 90's/early 00's and poker laws were friendly then.

Here's a link ... Washington State Supreme Court Upholds Internet Gambling Law

Elite PokerOwned Member
    a felony that is totally rediculous.

Elite PokerOwned Member bishking's Avatar
    I don't see that ever happening here in California. We're to democratic around here. Our policy is not tight ass like some of the conservative ones. We're open to new opportunity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast