Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64902.12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senate hearing on online poker

Its just a matter of time, online poker will be back in the US.

Maybe so, and it will be better than nothing, but they will find a way to suck most of the fun out of it, no doubt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    Maybe so, and it will be better than nothing, but they will find a way to suck most of the fun out of it, no doubt.
    Either way I will be happy to see it come back. I am concerned as to how they will tax it. If they tax your winnings at almost 50% (as they do with most "gambling" winnings and if (like many states) they don't account for losses (making the number always black and much bigger), then except for the very, very best players, online poker becomes little more than a hobby of varying expense.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Hopefully they pass something soon before everything goes on some crappy state by state system.

I heard soemhting about Pokerstars comming to New Jersey? That would be sick! Even though I'm in NY.....The Beginning starts now!

PokerOwned Master
    ahh "land of the free", maybe one day us Europeans will be able to experience the same kind of freedom. if pokerstars does end up opening up to US players again it will most likely be run like the french site with ridiculous rake and huge tax. i think it will be a hell of a long time before its even close to how things where. at least you'll be able to get your money though. i know someone who's been waiting 8 months from carbon.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea I hope to see stars back sometime soon, but I am very worried about how they are gonna tax the hell out of it!

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crispzilla View Post
    Hopefully they pass something soon before everything goes on some crappy state by state system.
    Unfortunately, the state to state system is by far the likeliest to lead to poker in the vast majority of US. And even that will take a couple years to really get off the ground at a minimum

PokerOwned Veteran
    If it ever does return, there will be tons of regualtions and a ton of rkae!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast