Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63497.96

Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar

Real Money Online Poker<<Legal sooon<<<

It is only a matter of time. That is what I keep telling myself. I feel like I just got a lot closer to putting the nightmare of Black Friday behind me. Ever since that fateful day my poker game has gone into a holding pattern circling around in the fog of Merge and the other crap sites American players were left to play on.

The fact is, since Black Friday, it has become abundantly clear in my mind that online poker for REAL money in the USA is Illegal. And as such, why in the hell would I ever make a real money deposit to Merge or the like. So without that motivation, even the ?real? money accrued through PO freerolls over the last 20 months I treated with little regard. Bankroll management is irrelevant if the bankroll has the value of what it is, worthless monopoly money.

Yet, I have found the best competition online in a quasi-real money setting, has been the PO freerolls. There are some extremely talented players on here who grind out five tourneys a day 7 days a week. Older than most of you, I can usually only play 5 or 6 tournaments a week but I do give it my best effort for the most part. But in order to get to where I need to be as a player is when online poker is a legal regulated industry in the USA and we have millions of people to created big fields and nice payoffs. Just like pre-doomsday Pokerstars, Full Tilt and Bodog to a lesser extent.

Well Tuesday we all took one-step closer toward that reality when Nevada became the first state to launch a legal online poker site, ULTIMATEPOKER.COM. Players are limited to within the state?s borders so unless you are in Vegas or live in the desert you are shit out of luck. For now. I think that this will create the momentum for a snowball effect of states falling in line like bowling pins when the reality of online poker?s potential tax revenues becomes a reality for Nevada. We live in a nation of debt, made up by 50 states, most of which are also in debt. Revenue streams are hard to create.

Online poker in 2009 was a raging river of potential tax revenue if harnessed with regulation. Instead, the feds came in like fucking NAZIS and dammed the whole thing down to a trickle. Numerous states currently have legislation pending with regard to online poker and I am sure that when push comes to shove, these state legislators will have little problem taking out a sledgehammer and breaking down that dam.

Lurking in the shadows will be the Federal Government. And as soon as enough states have passed or are about to pass these online poker bills, they will step in and take over to manage that raging river they so arrogantly tried to destroy a few years earlier because they have no choice. With the exception of marijuana, the federal government rarely lets its 50 children do things on their own. Instead of having a rag-tag network of in-state online poker action, with limited player pools and limited revenues, Washington will nationalize it to maximize the tax benefits of something that as of Tuesday in Nevada is already happening.

Soon. It?s coming soon.

Sadly, not soon enough for some. _R.I.P.--MR

i cant wait for the day where its a national regulated site that i play on. just go to the store and deposit and cashout when ever i feel like it

The problem is that anything the government does is reactionary and sooooo slow!
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

PokerOwned God
    it has been very slow indeed but we are getting there

The problem is that each state has to do it on their own, meaning that the player pools will start off very small. It would be better if they could roll out something nationwide
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!