Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Current B2B Champ!

Phil Ivey SLAYED by Frankenburger

phil ivey going into the heads match of pot limit hold em lost to andy frankenburger a former bracelet winner and wpt champ. frankenburger played great poker against phil, he made phil play big pots putting him out of his comfort zone and showed phil several crazy bluffs. These crazy bluffs made phil a bit timid in that match and several spots where he normally would bluff he didnt.
    one such memorable hand that will be talked about is this:
    (dont remeber preflop action) but flop came AQ4 w 2 clubs. Frankenburger check raised an ivey bet and ivey called. turn came 8 and frankenburger bet big again. ivey called. river 7 (i think). flush didnt get there and it went check/check. Phil didnt fire when checked to with what was most likely a flush draw.
    and Frankenburger won that big pot with K5 off,no hand and no draw.

-congrats to andy although i was really pulling for ivey, he will eventually take over hellmuth if he continues to play for a long time

Banned
    hellmuth blows really, poor ivey

Seasoned Veteran
    Yeah, Hellmuth is really bad. Nice 6 dollar winnings. I'm sure you're a beast compared to Hellmuth. Get real.

lol was a good hu match for sure!

Experienced Member
    Wouldnt say slayed, more like Frankenberger ran like god. Unreal he won so many races, it was actually hilarious. Doubt if they palyed it out 10 times, he even wins 4 of them. Still, mans got 2 bracelets, lots of cash, and most likely is going to be around for a while.

He obv. has serious tilt issues, one huge leak in his game that was exposed in winning that bracelet. Good thing he has all that wall St. money to fall back on.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Ah,, you win some...
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Demi-God
    phil ivey wud hav got tired of winning he took it easy on helmuth i guess.

OhDeletedOne
    who is phil Ivey??

Seasoned Veteran
    Last hand was a bit desperate. Gut shot and back door flush hope, into the nuts

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by yawnlol View Post
    Wouldnt say slayed, more like Frankenberger ran like god. Unreal he won so many races, it was actually hilarious. Doubt if they palyed it out 10 times, he even wins 4 of them. Still, mans got 2 bracelets, lots of cash, and most likely is going to be around for a while.

He obv. has serious tilt issues, one huge leak in his game that was exposed in winning that bracelet. Good thing he has all that wall St. money to fall back on.
    no he definitely slayed ivey in that heads up match. he ran good sure, every1 has to run well to get deep in any tourney. and your point has no merit to the posted topic. i never said ivey was beaten by a BETTER player, or ivey was a worse player than frankenburger, i said he got slayed (he got beaten). i think every1 knows that ivey is a better player than frankenburger to which frankenburger readily admits, nonetheless he played good/crazy in that heads up match and had the right formula to slay the master. doesnt matter how many times outta 10 ivey wins, fact is frankenburgers, got the bracelet, and u gotta salute him for going into heads up against the best player in the world down 2 to 1 in chips and beating him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast