Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61944.4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bovada Poker At Risk?

Bovada Is Unsafe (Serious) : poker

From the posting:
    I am a reputable poster here and for various reasons I'd like to keep my identity unknown to some degree. I'm posting this now as I've been seeing more and more posts on Bovada here lately, and having this info and seeing other redditors possibly get shafted by another site/government would be worrisome to say the least.

Essentially I have info on Bovada from a very good source (extremely reliable source with inside info) that says that they will be taken down sometime soon (with-in the next 6 months being extremely likely, and could be any day).

I realize that Bovada has the best schedule to play on right now, and has the fastest cash-outs and is the softest. So with these to keep in mind, I just strongly suggest to anyone who has funds on there, to keep the near minimum of what they need on there to play. (Or to just keep what you can afford to have stolen from you, if that does happen soon)

I still think at this time it is worth taking the risk to have funds on there, however keep the lowest amount you need to play, and if it gets taken, make sure it is an amount you don't care much about.

Edit: This is not a troll. I will pm a mod with my identity and they can confirm that I am a legit poster.

This news comes a day after Bodog Asia in the Phillipines (notice withdrawal checks come from a Filipino address) is raided by police.
    Report: Bodog Asia Offices Raided by Police

My advice to everyone with funds on Bovada, try to get that shit off now!
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab

Bovada and Bodog are not affiliated.

Isn't Bodog the network and Bovada the skin?

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Given I play on Bodog for the Bovada games here at PO, I figured they were affiliated.

Apparently the Bodog Asia office that was raided, was just a customer support office. So the only thing happening is they won't offer customer support for a couple days. I don't think this was a payment processing location and nothing else should come of this.

In July of 2011 Bodog announced its deal with MMGG would terminate, that is when MMGG transferred the US players to Bovada, and Bodog shipped over seas.
    If you google bodog and bovada affiliated, below the bovada lv link, you can see it says they are not affiliated, but I cannot find it once I click the link.
    There is something weird with canadian accounts as they can play on both.

Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    In July of 2011 Bodog announced its deal with MMGG would terminate, that is when MMGG transferred the US players to Bovada, and Bodog shipped over seas.
    If you google bodog and bovada affiliated, below the bovada lv link, you can see it says they are not affiliated, but I cannot find it once I click the link.
    There is something weird with canadian accounts as they can play on both.
    When PO announced there would be games at the new Bovada site, I tried to download Bovada. The link immediately took me to Bodog and stated I was already a member. That is how it worked for the Canadians..at least, this Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by shellabella View Post
    When PO announced there would be games at the new Bovada site, I tried to download Bovada. The link immediately took me to Bodog and stated I was already a member. That is how it worked for the Canadians..at least, this Canadian.
    I remember reading you guys are the only ones that can do both sites, kinda cool.

Bovada is a skin in the Bodog Poker network that consists of bovada (US) bodog.eu (CA) and bodog88 (Asia). Bodog isn't offered in Europe anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    I remember reading you guys are the only ones that can do both sites, kinda cool.
    Maybe someone can play both sites, but I can't...Bodog just won't allow it. Not that it really makes much difference.

I do find it interesting Bodog could be shutting down or changing things up or whatever. Thanks for the headsup, Prozach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast