Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member

NBC Heads Up Championship

I think after the way Mike the Mouth won the Heads Up Championship against Phil that if the Mouth ever complains about a loose call or a bad play beating him some one should run up and smack him in the mouth. For years he has these meltdowns and after watching him win the way he did everything he has stood for has basically turned him into a hypocrite. I guess the saying "if you cant beat them join them" goes well here. Mike the mouth used to be one of my favorite players but I have now lost a lot of respect for him.

I don't respect the mouth much either. He is funny but sometimes he goes overboard.

PokerOwned Veteran
    It did provide some good entertainment with the two of them playing HU.

PokerOwned God
    mike is a terrible heads up player but on a lighter note is one of the top 20 tournament players of all time in my opinion.. very underated. When he is off the coke he can tear it up! or maybe when he is on it.. not quite sure what works best for him lol

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I didnt watch the whole heads up match but Im guessing you're talking about the flush draw hand. He bascially made a really loose call to try and win it. Hellmuth basically had his hand face up with the way he reacted, so Mike thought he should gamble it. Hellmuth is a tough opponent so maybe its not such a bad play. They woulda been even if he lost, but thats all i remember number wise from the hand. I dont know how you can lose respect from it after watching the HU championship. He has a lot of passion and nothing really changed from that.

Considering the format and that the stacks would be even if he had lost the hand and Hellmuth would still have to win from there and then again, I don't mind the loose call. In a regular tournament without the 2/3 element (or if Mike was the one down a round), I wouldn't like the call one bit.

He has "equity" in the reliance of having a 3 round if cards fail him. Plus, in heads up, chip swings are huge. If he folds and Hellmuth is still short, one double up would give Hellmuth a huge lead. The 20% to win there, plus the maybe 60% (debatable) percent chance he has at winning the round, and 60% chance for the round after that give him at least an 85%~ win rate by gambling there to put it in perspective. Now if he doesn't call and has, say a 70% chance to win that round, the math would still fall short for his chances. It's just playing the format for the overall win and because of the format, despite it being a bad call in a shootout, here it just makes sense to me.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    It was the 3rd round when that hand happened.

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    The mouth is a cocaine addict. Hes been living on loans and stakes for several years, and his sporadic profits normally just about square up whatever debt hes acquired in the lapses.

Quote Originally Posted by IWASLION View Post
    The mouth is a cocaine addict. Hes been living on loans and stakes for several years, and his sporadic profits normally just about square up whatever debt hes acquired in the lapses.
    i think we all know that, but idk he tries his best

Seasoned Veteran
    Haha Mikey is just a classic donkey with a history of varying skill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast