Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64993.9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Internet Gambling Bill Introduced in Pennsylvania

Internet Gambling Bill Introduced in Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania State Representative Tina Davis introduced a bill to legislative committee on Monday that would legalize online gambling within the commonwealth.

Spearheaded by Davis, House Bill 1235 is co-sponsored by eleven other Pennsylvania legislators including Thomas Caltagirone, Rosita Youngblood, Dom Costa, William Kortz, Vanessa Lowery Brown, RoseMarie Swanger, Mark Cohen, Ed Neilson, George Dunbar, John Galloway and John Sabatina.

If approved by the House Gaming Oversight Committee, it will then be heard and voted on by the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    If this passes; does anyone know what precedent this would set in other states if any?

Experienced Member
    For states that have gaming, it would be a tremendous victory for the future. However, I live in Tennessee and I can almost say with pure certainty that we will Never have a bill pass here for Internet Poker...Its against the states founding principles of prohibiting any form of gaming in which "luck is involved" and state representatives are so close minded that it will never change. Yet Tennessee has the "lottery"(State lotto, Powerball and Mega Millions) in which people spend half their paycheck or more each week buying tickets and cheap scratch off tickets only to lose repeatedly...Isn't the lottery 100% Pure LUCK?? This country makes me laugh!!

PokerOwned God
    i live in pittsburgh and have sent emails about this to senators so i am happy about this but can someone explain to me what benefit this has for me? such as will payouts be easier? will i be able to play other sites that dont allow usa players? explain please and thank you

Seasoned Veteran
    This would be great news if passed. It has all started with Jersey and Nevada, and seems to overflow in others such as PA. It's like the snowball effect, and hopefully soon the entire nation.

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    My assumption is that it would be like the medical marijuana laws are here in Oregon. The feds will not observe the precedent, so it really does nothing to help with international issues like internet gambling. However these types of conflicts offer new models to present themselves, much like the marijuana laws here have spawned speak-easy type weedshops. So you may end up being on the forefront of a new poker frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by pikeboy412 View Post
    i live in pittsburgh and have sent emails about this to senators so i am happy about this but can someone explain to me what benefit this has for me? such as will payouts be easier? will i be able to play other sites that dont allow usa players? explain please and thank you

PokerOwned Demi-God
    If this state legalizes online gambling i hope my state be up next

PokerOwned Veteran
    i think that is great they should do that in every state i hope it gets to minnesota soon!!!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Woot, my state doing something I like for once.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Its just a matter of time til we can play against the euro donks again... i think the US is just looking for a way to regulate the flow of money so they can tax winnings and avoid money laundering fraud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast