Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70855.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro

Illinois Online Poker Legislation looking good

I know there are a few PO'ers from the area, so I thought this might be of interest.

Illinois Poker Legislation

"The law would vault Illinois to the top of the list when it comes to US states offering Internet gambling. Illinois' population of nearly 13 million is more than the three other states that have legalized online gambling-New Jersey, Nevada and Delaware-combined. It would be a huge step forward for regulated online gambling in the US."

courtesy of PokerFuse
    Last edited by oVITOo; 03-16-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Banned
    So based off this there will still be no FT or PS

"Bad Actor Lockout

The legislation includes a “bad actor” clause restricting the issuing of an Internet gaming license to any applicant that accepted wagers via the Internet in violation of US law during the 10 years prior to their application.

Under the proposed law, Internet gaming vendors that supply “goods, software, or services to Internet gaming licensees” will not be granted a license if they accepted online wagers that have broken any US laws.

This stipulation is much broader than previous bad actor clauses, including the new five-year lockout introduced in Nevada. A proposed lockout in New Jersey was scrapped prior to signing.

It prevents all major online poker rooms and networks from applying for licenses, as all operated in the US market prior to the passage of UIGEA."

PokerOwned Pro
    Yes, correct. Though I'm sure there are ways around this. Similar articles discuss 888 relocating to Vegas w/ new mngmt making clauses like "Bad Actor Lockout" inapplicable. Just bc PS and FT wouldn't able to be issued Internet Gaming Licenses doesn't necessarily mean they can't hold shares. Without fantasizing too much, perhaps something like different skins/cashiers wouldn't be out of the question.

Seems to be a large step in the right direction regardless.

Experienced Member
    Yop i agree with you also, think that will be really large step.

Probably a dumb question, but if a state legalizes online gambling, the it still is illegal since the national law trumps the state law, right?

all Hail Da Bears!! ohhh wait this is a poker thread.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but if a state legalizes online gambling, the it still is illegal since the national law trumps the state law, right?
    There is no federal laws against gambling on or offline. The laws that shut down online poker are against money laundering. It just needs to be licensed, which is now going through legislation throughout states.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    all Hail Da Bears!! ohhh wait this is a poker thread.
    It's a Chicago/Illinois thread. Da Bears!!
    Last edited by oVITOo; 03-19-2013 at 02:59 AM.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    We wont see pokerstars for at least 10 more years!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I hope that is not true that US online gamers won't see pokerstars for 10 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast