Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Elite PokerOwned Member

Help Poker in Florida

Hello!

I've started the petition "Governor Rick Scott: Review hb155 the fast track to ban the internet cafe's " and need your help to get it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/gove...nternet-cafe-s

Here's why it's important:

Fast tracking HB155 to ban Internet caf? gaming, may have been the only way to handle a real problem with Allied Veterans of the World or others like them, and crack down on scams and the type gambling that the odds could be controlled by the game operators.
    Unfortunately, as the law was rushed through with what was described as "dizzying speed," it has had unintended consequences. Sadly, a free poker site, Club WPT has pulled out of the Sunshine State as a result. It remains to be seen if others will follow.
    I would expect cooler heads to prevail for amendments to this law to permit subscription-type poker sites and, perhaps, even licensed and regulated real money online poker. As NJ and NV move forward, to regulate and tax online poker sites, making the distinction between "house odds" gaming and "player vs player" skilled games like poker, we have sent a broad unintended message, that when it comes to gambling, Florida doesn't know the difference between house odds games like "slots" vs games like poker. I hope you will make amendments to this bill to define the real problems and leave room to join NJ and NV to create new revenue and jobs.

You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Thanks!
    James Elston

Seasoned Veteran
    Sadly, the individual states are pretty much dragging their feet on any new legislation until the DOJ has had time to come up with a ponzi scheme of their own to "regulate" online gaming. The states can amend certain aspects but as in some states where marijuana is legal, the feds could still come and arrest you for it.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    It's simple sign the petition or don't> Do not need a lot of comments.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i think it would come down to a more federal thing if im understanding this correctly.