Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran ChipEaterMan's Avatar

Gus Hansen Wins ONE DROP Satellite Seat

The 35th day of play at the 2012 World Series of Poker was the slight calm before the storm. The largest satellite in poker history was running for Sunday?s $1,000,000 BIG ONE for ONE DROP event in one corner of the Amazon Room (won by Gus Hansen), while the $1,000 Ladies No Limit Hold?em tournament played down to a final table of nine in the other corner. Elsewhere in the Amazon Room, the $2,500 Six-Max Ten-Game Mixed event played down to the final 19 players, and elsewhere in the Rio Convention Center cards got into the air on Day 1 of another $1,500 No Limit Hold?em event, where 3,166 players entered. The $5,000 No Limit Hold?em event failed to crown a champion on Saturday night, and the final three players will return on Sunday to fight it out for the gold bracelet.

$25,000 BIG ONE for ONE DROP Satellite

The largest satellite in poker tournament history attracted 96 players at the Rio on Saturday. They all ponied up the $25,000 buy-in in hopes of claiming the 48th and final seat in the $1,000,000 BIG ONE for ONE DROP charity tournament that begins on Sunday, July 1. Gus Hansen won the last $1 million seat in the tournament, while Shaun Deeb took second place and also won $1 million. He is the first alternate for the BIG ONE for ONE DROP tournament, but all current players are expected to play tomorrow so he will likely just pocket the $1 million in cash.

Jason Somerville took third place in the event and he was awarded $400,000. Since there was a deal struck between the final two players, Somerville?s bustout hand was the last competitive hand of the satellite. Hansen raised preflop with A4 and Somerville reraised all in with KT. The board ran out A7527 and Somerville was eliminated in third place. Will Failla was the unfortunate bubble boy in the event; he fell in fourth place and walked away empty handed.

Source: http://news.bluffmagazine.com/wsop-d...te-seat-32109/
    Last edited by ChipEaterMan; 10-21-2012 at 06:39 AM.

PokerOwned God
    awesome coverage, thanks for the post. Can't wait to see the comments of like.

PokerOwned God
    good for Gus ... he's high on my favorite poker players list

Experienced Member
    Once he played so mean, called with any two random cards in tourney's now his not like that anymore so i'd lose him less, still ty for the post bro

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Gus is one of my favourites and it just wouldn't be a high stakes game without him there, for me anyway.

Everyone should take a peek at the 'live streaming' through the WSOP website. All 3 days of this event are being aired.

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    LOLz.. talk about copy n paste.. :P

Interesting, I've always liked to watch Gus play.
    Note: copy and paste are fine as long as you give credit to the source.

Experienced Member
    Gus has the tendency to Overplay his hands.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    gus i like whos play poker and he so funny niceee post

Seasoned Veteran
    out of so many people how is it luck if the same guy makes it to the top all the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast