Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64202.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zab

Full Tilt Poker attorney asks to step down

Full Tilt Poker attorney in the pending class action lawsuit, Jeff Ifrah, has asked the court for permission to step down, citing “an unreasonable financial burden on the law firm.”

In a motion filed with the court on August 31, A. Jeff Ifrah, David B. Deitch, and Ifrah’s law firm, Ifrah PLLC, have asked to be relieved as attorneys for the defense. Ifrah has been acting as attorney for Tiltware, LLC; Vantage, Ltd.; Filco, Ltd.; Pocket Kings Ltd.; Pocket Kings Consulting Ltd.; Howard Lederer; Chris Ferguson; Jennifer Harman-Traniello; Erick Lindgren; Erik Seidel; Andrew Bloch; Mike Matusow; and Allen Cunningham in the class action suit.1 In his motion, Mr. Ifrah cites that continuing representation, facing numerous new and renewed motions by the plaintiffs, based on information from his clients, would create “unreasonable difficulty to carry out his employment effectively and would result on an unreasonable financial burden on the law firm.”

The suit, filed in late June, is brought by four American Full Tilt Poker players on behalf of themselves and those similarly situated in the class, to recover US players funds stranded on Full Tilt since Black Friday. The suit alleges numerous RICO violations and requests damages for US players that were harmed by the alleged illegal activity of Full Tilt and those involved. Crucially, the suit names many alleged owners of the poker site and allows for the addition of more owners as they are discovered. In doing so, the suit attempts to pierce the corporate veil in order to lay blame on the owners of the poker site for the poker site’s actions and to recover damages from them as a result.

Jeff Ifrah could not be reached for comment.

Full Tilt Poker’s money woes are not new to the poker-playing public. Their license was suspended by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission on June 29th, and they have been searching for investors to help them dig out from under for the last few months without success. Subject: Poker is working to learn more detailed information about Full Tilt’s financial situation, and we hope to have a feature article published shortly on the topic.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Survey Master
    9/15/11 - Judgement Day

Elite PokerOwned Member
    9/15/11 - Judgement Day More than likely continued again

PokerOwned God
    9/15/11 - Judgement Day version 4.0*

*new and improved excuses included

PokerOwned Master
    9/15/11 should be the end for full tilt forever i hope

PokerOwned Veteran
    I'm gonna miss you Full tilt it was a fun ride =(

PokerOwned Demi-God
    He should step down after fulltilt has going out of business and theyn refuse to pay player's. You can't defend them on that note.

I find it hard to find an attorney who is going to take this case pro-bono, it's not like FTP had funds to hire a lawyer/ lawyers to spend thousands and thousands of hours to get them out of this mess.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Veteran
    full tilt was a joke since the day the first came out

the hell they were, better than merge. at least for me, i was winning there like crazy.
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast