Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Daniel's world of fun

In the wake of Joe Hachem's recent comments that the game of poker is dying, Daniel Negreanu has penned a post entitled: "My Vision for the Poker World".

Taking the stance that the key to poker's success is a "collective effort", Daniel suggests that pro players should engage in a symbiotic relationship with their goals and the "greater good" of the game.

Essentially, Daniel envisions an ecosystem whereby the game is "fun first and a competitive endeavour second."

Moreover, he believes poker should be "a world where players think about what's best for everyone first, understanding that in the end they will benefit from that as well."

Daniel certainly has a point when it comes to making the game more attractive for recreational players; however, some will likely feel this is an impossible dream when money is on the line.
    Ave Fenix XD

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I like Daniel and I think that response fits his personality. Hachem on the other hand, I have little respect for, and honestly if he were to play at a limit I could afford I don't think I would avoid him. I think he is a very good player, but little more. And as far as his opinion of the game of poker dying, tell him to go talk to the Texas Dolly, or even Hellmuth. Poker is thriving. And will not die until cards no longer exist.

he does have that side to him that is likeable and easy to get along with....1 remarkable player no questions asked.....hence "kidpoker" been playing with all the big names since day 1 .....now for hachem i dont care for him to much imo.....another good player but not in dn league......1 thing i cant forget and i believe he woulda did it if no1 was watching......when he was in a hand with some1 in a hs game and took his card and slid it underneath the other persons card to pretend to show it.....just the way he did that and kinda pointed it up rubbed me wrong way....something sneaky about em

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    i love daniel!! he has an awesome approach to life, just not sure if it fits in to the big bucks of poker!!

PokerOwned Master
    We need another moneymaker WSOP!

Master of The Come Back
    Daniel Negreanu is the most funniest person on 'Poker After Dark' but while he plays a strong game, he does play good, but on some hands where he bluffs he makes the people fold their 100% win hand, I like that for how he plays but I perfer Doyle Brunson or Phil Ivey as my main 2 idols in the game, aswell as Phil Gee, JC Tran, and a lot of other strong players @ World Series @ ESPN

PokerOwned Veteran
    Daniel's head is in the clouds, unfortunately. Poker is always going to be money first, people figuring out that it doesn't have to be at the expense of the community is the key.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CUSTOMTABLES View Post
    he does have that side to him that is likeable and easy to get along with....1 remarkable player no questions asked.....hence "kidpoker" been playing with all the big names since day 1 .....now for hachem i dont care for him to much imo.....another good player but not in dn league......1 thing i cant forget and i believe he woulda did it if no1 was watching......when he was in a hand with some1 in a hs game and took his card and slid it underneath the other persons card to pretend to show it.....just the way he did that and kinda pointed it up rubbed me wrong way....something sneaky about em
    I could be wrong about this, but I believe he also tipped so poorly after he won the wsop main event that they instituted a min tip the next year.

Seasoned Veteran
    don't really know anything about hachem but maybe australians aren't used to tipping.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Never been a big fan of Joe Hachem. I heard Daniel making fun of his "One Time" chants when all in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast