Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70855.38

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Zab

Bodog Brand Will Leave US Market End of Year: Name Change Coming for US Customers

The Bodog brand will be no more in the US come the end of 2011 as its licensing deal with the Morris Mohawk Gaming is set to expire and will not be renewed. US business will be transferred to a new website run by MMGG.

Bodog obtained a license in the United Kingdom two weeks ago and is looking to expand throughout Europe and the Asian market.

The Bodog name as we know it today was started by Calvin Ayre in 2000, though Ayre has been involved in the online gambling industry since its inception originally starting The Big Book back in the late 1990’s.

Ayre’s own website CalvinAyre.com reports that, other than a name change, the MMGG will continue to operate an online gambling site to US customers beyond 2011.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Master
    That blows.. Bodog was cool and trusted. Change in US ownership doesn't thrill me at all.

I read that this morning and it ruined my day. That was the first site I ever played on and I always loved the way the US would try and interrupt their process, and they basically would give the government the finger.
    This is starting to concern me a bit as far as what we have in store for the future of online poker.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    What does this mean for US players ?

PokerOwned Pro
    Bodog was probably the 2nd best US site left. Even though its not compatible with Mac. US just took another hit, but not even comparable to Pokerstars or Full Tilt

PokerOwned God
    I read about this morning as well. Not shocked as to all the issues it has had in the past with its sports booking and US law. They were having legal issues before black friday.

I have not heard that about Bodog, not that I ever played on it.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Another poker room closed to the US players..bad news.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I never really played a Bodog it just wasn't my site.

PokerOwned Moderator
    I stopped playing when they stopped the freerolls. Besides Hero's freerolls, Bodog had the best MTT freerolls. Decent $120 prize for first, and it was easy to make top 63 compared to other freerolls. Super unstable client though, but I did like the look of it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast