Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Elite PokerOwned Member

Treatise on Trading

The marketplace and loan shark upgrades have been fantastic. They allow us to profit not only from doing surveys, watching videos, and playing in the client, but also by lending and trading. However, a bit more information to use when making lending and market decisions would make both upgrades even better.

• "Loan Shark" feedback is nice, but mostly meaningless if you do not know the amount of points of the loan associated with the feedback. "A+++ Player paid back in 3 days as to the terms of our loan" means little at 25 points, but a lot at 2,500 points. It would be much better if lenders could see the points associated with each loan.
    • The marketplace feedback should work the same as suggested above for the loan shark feedback.
    • Both marketplace and loan shark feedback should be included in the player profiles. By doing this, a lender could check a potential client's marketplace feedback to help determine the risk of a requested loan through loan shark.
    • Allow more than 1 loan through loan shark for members with pristine credit. Membership has its privileges, and membership in the Honest Joe's Club could mean a member could take out a second loan once he has borrowed 30,000 points with perfect feedback. Perhaps even a third loan could be taken out at 100,000 points, etc.
    • Establish a protocol for when a scam or refusal to repay a loan takes place. I'm not sure if there is much the site could do about this, but a place in the forum to shame people like this would be a good start at member policing of this type of behavior.

Survey Master
    Sounds good... However, there should be a limit to the amount of points asking to be loaned.

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    These are some great ideas, hope they are implemented soon.

I think 2000 is the most I have seen In loan shark, and that is probably a good amount to stick with. Any more is going to mean a player needs to buy points to pay back the loan. I have noticed some players borrow points to go to client in hopes of doubling or tripling their points and end up busting.

Those are the ones to watch out for and see how good they repay back loans.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned God
    I think those are all great suggestions. I would welcome those upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsue214 View Post
    Sounds good... However, there should be a limit to the amount of points asking to be loaned.
    Great post tiarra. I'm all for loan caps as well, but it should be on the number of unique loans a person has done.
    Def need to have the loan amount in fb as well. All very good suggestions.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SendCookies View Post
    Great post tiarra. I'm all for loan caps as well, but it should be on the number of unique loans a person has done.
    Def need to have the loan amount in fb as well. All very good suggestions.
    Thanks SendCookies!

I have to admit it is a bit of selfishness on my part that inspired the suggestions. Because of my recent bad experience with loan shark, I have been thinking of ways to combat scammers.

I lost nearly 2,500 points by lending to a scammer with lots of great feedback from important members here. My feeling is this was part of the scam. The member took out some small loans and paid them back to get good feedback, and later made the big score. I have no way of proving this though, because now I can't see his feedback (hence suggestion #3), and because even if I could see it, I would not know how many points the loans were for that are connected with those feedback comments (hence suggestion #1).