Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70711.49

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar

Tomorrow (Tuesday 11/26) I will quit smoking

So tomorrow morning whatever cigarettes i have left after tonight, im going to trash or dispose of in a symbol of fuck you cigarettes. Either flushing them down the toilet, or leaving them on a bus bench with a post it saying, "I quit." As suggested by a fellow member, I suppose that could be double beneficial as a bum or someone utilizing public transportation just came up on a few cigarettes.

I'm going to attempt to go cold turkey, as I have tried to "cut back" and it in no way shape or form will work for me, I just smoke, even when not feigning when I got them. I went cold turkey before for a week and caved like a pussy to this little thing that consumes me. The most obvious reason is how unhealthy it is to smoke 1-1.5 packs a day, not including weekends when going out partying and drinking which raises the level of smoking (I smoke like a chimney when drinking). Also and IMO just as important is the financial burden this disgusting addiction is. I'll average it at 2 packs a day due to weekends, which is about $12 a day...which comes out to $360 a month. I'm looking to buy a new car or truck so there is a free car payment if I succeed. Even more disgusting is the fact that thats about $4,320 a year on cigarettes. Almost a full months pay on this gross habit, so I'm working 1 month of the year just to pay for cigarettes.

Anyhow enough with the novel, I'm obviously trying to convince myself to quit, we shall see how it goes...the total is 2 days, whos taking the over or under? haha
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I quit for three months and started back after my car got totaled and my life got shit on. A year and a half later I tried again and I'm going on 11 months. between the two stints and before the first I quit several times for a few days two a few weeks. Every time I did it it was cold turkey. What helped me get to 3 months and this 11 months mark was to not drink for the first few weeks. Then to maintain my will power when I did start hanging out again. Good Luck.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    congrats n good luck! Can u smoke green stuff still?

PokerOwned Veteran
    I just quit about two weeks ago...been using the E-cig and it works pretty good...haven't had a cig yet and am lowering the amount I use the e-cig every day

Thanks i was going to bump it to see if anyone had suggestions. i plan to eat the fuck out of sunflower seeds to mimic the smoking mechanics...And yes def will be smoking the green. Probably upping the smoking meds big time to cut down on boozing.
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Super best of luck Doc, it is a tough road to hoe, and many a great person has been beat in the nicotine game. I wish you the best.

PokerOwned Veteran
    first few days pretty much suck...u feel off kilter but it goes away...don't look at quiting as a cold turkey thing...Take it day by day...if u have to cheat don't beat yourself up over it...just look at how much u have cut down and keep moving forward lessoning and lessoning the amount u consume...good luck

im not a cutter downer though, if i have them i'll smoke them...a lot lol. i'll attempt an E cig again but that shit didnt work before. It was like drinking an odouls

PokerOwned Veteran
    dont drink alcohol...if u do u gonna run towards a cig

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Good luck brother, its not easy but if your strong willed you can do it.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast