Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    good read. heroes are what makes the world keep spinning after bad beats

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmo View Post
    Good read Mich, i too think back on them terrible happenings 11 years ago. To this day i thank God im an American n have the rights that i have. Any time i see a man or woman in uniform i thank them, or any time i hear someone mention they were in the service i thank them. These people put their lives on hold many times during their time in service n think nothing of it. The response i get from all of them is the same im sure youd get if you were to ask, "No problem, its just a job.". And the people that lost their lives on this day 11yrs ago r no different, they were working. The firefighters, policemen, n EMTs that are now scarred forever were "just doing their jobs".

So my thanks goes out to all the heroes, here n gone, involved in that. Also my thots n prayers go out to all the families n friends that lost loved ones.
    My son is now in the Air Force, stationed down in Ohio, he is my latest hero. I couldnt be more proud of him. And yeah, he has that "its my job" attitude.

Nice piece, Mich. I enjoyed it.

Very well written, it's a true sentiment to those who have given their lives.

Elite PokerOwned Member onehotdame's Avatar
    God bless America ~ and all thats still Great about it !
    <Poof> I only want to kick those chickens that beat up the rooster

less than 24 hours for another anniversary.. God bless those who were lost, and those who lost, and those who survived.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with poker, but I thought I'd share it anyways:

10 yrs ago I wrote this, on the 1 year anniversary of 9-11. Some may think its corny, some may not, that doesn't matter to me. The message remains clear.

What's In A Hero?

On this day of great historic significance, on which the world honors and remembers the heroes that risked their lives, and gave their lives for the sake of others, on that tragic day. I cannot help but find myself reflecting on those heroes who have made an impact on my own life, those who gave such a part of their life to me, that they shaped and molded me into the man I am today. Some of whom gave me inspiration when I faced adversity, some gave me strength when I was weak, some gave me courage when I was afraid, and still others gave me hope, when I was in despair, or a mere smile to help erase my frown. I also remember those who gave me direction, when I thought I was lost, or some sound advice when I was confused, and those who offered friendship, when I needed an ear, and those who gave me love, when I thought no one cared. Then there are those select few who gave all the aforementioned, and more. Those are the ones that really dominate your thoughts, not only on a day like today, but on every other day, as well. To all of the heroes in my life, and those out there risking their own lives, I give my thanks to you, not just for being the man or woman that you are. But, for helping me become the person that I am. One can only hope that when the time comes upon us, each and every one of us has it in us to step up and become the hero that impacts someone else's life, for the better. Whether it's helping a teary-eyed child smile when they are feeling sad, or going into a burning skyscraper that is imminently fated to crumble to the ground, in an effort to save your fellow man. May we all become a hero, great or small, to someone, someday. God bless us all, and God bless America.

K. W. 9-11-2002
    I loved this. Very well written. I know have plenty of hero's, one being my nephew in the USMC stationed in Japan.

PokerOwned Pro
    Ok I have no idea how that know got in there.

PokerOwned God
    our innocence was taking that day and alot will never be the same except our love for our country still runs deep god bless usa

PokerOwned Demi-God
    this is a good thread to start up to remember all the souls that we lost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast