Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70663.81

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Survey Master

what is pokerowned to you? pros n cons IMO

im so confused anymore. i dont understand the politics or the power structure. im not sure what i am allowed to do or not allowed to do anymore. quickly becomming a joke.

when i first came to poker owned back in january of 2012 i was like most of you. i found that i could play a few tourneys(id call them freerolls, but theyre not free) a day if i signed up n did a few offers. was fun for the most part, although there are alot of bad plays in them. hey thats poker though. people can play their chips as they wish. if we all played only aces everyday poker would boring. anyways, i started getting involved in more n more promotions as the days went by. speedway, last longer bets, donkey betting, and found myself striving to win back 2 back or grinder. was starting to become a pretty cool place to be a part of.

now fast forward to 6-8 months ago. a job was posted for survey master. somehow i was chosen and away i went. found myself putting in 2-3 hours a day or more adding offers for all of you to do. i had also ran across a few good deals and started staking like a mad man. all total i staked out well over 1500$ here. things were going pretty good.

as the months went by i noticed i was making less and less as the survey master. noticed there were more n more scammers showing up, and noticed that less and less things were allowed to be done around here. zab is constantly trying to come up with new ways to keep this place interesting for users, but at the same time i personally feel that part of the site is being ruined for me.

lets start with the chatbox. during certain times of the day we can chat about damn near anything. sometimes very late at night it gets really interesting. im not one to really get offended by anyones chat, but apparently some of you get offended easily. thats fine. keep the nudity and cross words out of chat. cant hurt. although i thought most of us were adults and could deal with certain things without it being a war. id see people posting occasionally looking for a stake. or even offering stakes. they were then told to make a thread. KEEP it OUT of chat. my question here is, why is it ok to talk about sports contstantly? or snow fall? or any other topic? but not ok to talk about stakes or staking?

next, lets move on to threads. as long as ive been a member here it has always been ok to post threads about stakes or staking. or to post anything thats on your mind that day. obv following certain guidelines. now these ppl making threads about stakes apparently got a little ridiculous and started bumping threads every 5 minutes. whats it matter? theyre not taking away from your CHAT experience? how is bumping a thread no matter the subject of the thread ruining your day?

now mods. lets have a chat about these mods. none of the are on the same page really. one mod lets stuff fly, while another hits the banhammer button or the delete thread button. shouldnt you all be on the same page? maybe have weekly meetings? just a question that really needs to be addressed

ok now that ive totally gone off base here with this thread. what is pokerowned to you guys? i personally liked the old way stuff was done here. its a good forum of that ill 100% agree with. just seems some things have gotten to the point of stupid. more often than not i like coming in here and chatting with some of you. also like the fact that i can stake a guy or get staked and provide 2 ppl with opportunity to make money. just not sure its allowed anymore really. feels like certain ppl are trying to do away with it. or certain people are trying to make the place as they feel it should be.

Survey Master
    bump

the problem is PO is not a "poker first" site.

another problem is the easily offended people. i could list about 3 things that could potentially bother me in the chat box, but im just not that type of person. I have dealt with everything head on in my life. some people literally act like there eyes are "too good" to just see something on a computer screen.
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

another thing is the admin caring. i saw someone say it yesterday or something and im gonna second it. I have reported a BR boost problem pretty much everytime BR boosts are done. but my issue gets swept under the rug. But here we are another BR boost day and i am OWED a br boost again. the system gave me one, but is holding another, not to mention you should be able to apply for free access more than once a week since BR boosts are not done on the same day every week.

maybe my issue doesnt get answered or fixed becuz most here dont get many br boosts?
    i joined loyalty accts for the perks... i dont think its too much to ask 4 them to work right
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

the site is still good, even when im restricted theres still a fair bit to keep me busy
    do i find it as good as it used to me...no why because its got bigger and it feels like the boss cant handle it, u ask why somethings not being fixed and the usual answer is "zabs busy"...umm thats nice but if the sites got that big shouldnt he have the cashflow to employ more people to spread the load

the other problem with going mainstream is the easily offended will show up more, meaning more restrictions will be put in place, which makes the og's and people who are used to a more free speaking environment have trouble adjusting, i mean why would something theyve always done suddenly be an issue, not saying your wrong for wanting to "clean up" the chat im just not surprised it hasnt worked

the site still has massive potential i just hope it didnt get too big too quickly
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62278 View Post
    lets start with the chatbox. during certain times of the day we can chat about damn near anything. sometimes very late at night it gets really interesting. im not one to really get offended by anyones chat, but apparently some of you get offended easily. thats fine. keep the nudity and cross words out of chat. cant hurt. although i thought most of us were adults and could deal with certain things without it being a war. id see people posting occasionally looking for a stake. or even offering stakes. they were then told to make a thread. KEEP it OUT of chat. my question here is, why is it ok to talk about sports contstantly? or snow fall? or any other topic? but not ok to talk about stakes or staking?

Talking about sports, snow fall and other topics are converasation, what happens with the stakes is its the same people saying the same thing, begging for a stake, every 10 minutes. If you don't see the difference I am sorry, I don't know how else to explain it better. Other than the begging, the only other thing that is not allowed is abuse of other members or mods.

next, lets move on to threads. as long as ive been a member here it has always been ok to post threads about stakes or staking. or to post anything thats on your mind that day. obv following certain guidelines. now these ppl making threads about stakes apparently got a little ridiculous and started bumping threads every 5 minutes. whats it matter? theyre not taking away from your CHAT experience? how is bumping a thread no matter the subject of the thread ruining your day?

it by no means ruins a day, but when you have the same people bumping those threads every 10 min so it is seen in chat, it is kind of the same thing as begging in chat.

now mods. lets have a chat about these mods. none of the are on the same page really. one mod lets stuff fly, while another hits the banhammer button or the delete thread button. shouldnt you all be on the same page? maybe have weekly meetings? just a question that really needs to be addressed

We are not robots and will have different opinions on what we would tolerate, this is the same in life with teachers, some give detentions, some give warnings, some do nothing, same with police officers, some give a ticket, some give a warning, others arrest. Any group of "authority" members are going to differ.
    Answers in my opinion in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    the site is still good, even when im restricted theres still a fair bit to keep me busy
    do i find it as good as it used to me...no why because its got bigger and it feels like the boss cant handle it, u ask why somethings not being fixed and the usual answer is "zabs busy"...umm thats nice but if the sites got that big shouldnt he have the cashflow to employ more people to spread the load
    What exactly are you referring to, most things can be taken care of right away. There are some exceptions where ppl will have to wait because he is busy. That is not the end of the world imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    What exactly are you referring to, most things can be taken care of right away. There are some exceptions where ppl will have to wait because he is busy. That is not the end of the world imo.
    anything and everything that does require his attention
    zab classes this as a business correct? and a business that deals with customers requires good customer service, telling people they will just have to get over it and its not the end of the world if there issue doesnt get fixed right away is bad customer service :| thats like rule 1 of running a business, keep the customers happy
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

I have to agree with azreal that Zab's attention is spread too thin. He doesn't have the time to address all the issues that come up. He needs another person IRL to take over some of technical workload, and to give more authority to mods. And mods need to get paid more for the work they do. They shouldn't have to slave away for $2/week.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

Banned
    wow thread of the year. this really hits home to me. thank you original poster I hope your message will help us restore PO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast