Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64976.37

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

Vote to ban tool.

Well some new troll came across tonight that spammed the forum and the chat alike. he literally was taking up the whole chat box with his messages making it annoying to say the least. and of course there were no mods on because it was late(note the time) so he did it for quite awhile, So what do you guys think about a vote to ban tool that turns on from lets say midnight through 8 am or (till when ever mods get on) I think the best way to do it would be that you need X numbers of votes to get a 30 minute ban. I think 5 votes sounds fair but that can be talked about here. I got the idea from a euchre site that i modded for a little while years ago so i know that it does work if done right.
    Last edited by nab76; 12-09-2013 at 05:00 AM.

is not a new person nab,, and zab and poofy will see wehn they get on

PokerOwned Demi-God
    well him not being new doesn't really change that it would be nice to be able to get rid of spammers when the mods are off

PokerOwned Demi-God
    thank you for proving my point.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    bump

ricki has this tool for the chat box and is usually on at those times.

k well first point is that by "bumping" the thread you are infact spamming..ironic right
    secondly it would be a mad bad idea tbf, it would get abused and would cause more issues than it would solve, and tbf if ure up at 3/4/5am in the morning you have bigger issues than some retard that cant control himself
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    k well first point is that by "bumping" the thread you are infact spamming..ironic right
    secondly it would be a mad bad idea tbf, it would get abused and would cause more issues than it would solve, and tbf if ure up at 3/4/5am in the morning you have bigger issues than some retard that cant control himself
    i consider spam to be a post that has no meaning or reason behind it or adds of course. bumping a thread is meant to draw attention to something you feel is meaningful. Im not saying that it couldnt or wouldnt be abused but im saying that we could make it hard to abuse my making the number of votes needed to ban someone high. I mean for example(and remember its just that) lets say there are 10 people online and you need 5 votes to ban someone that means you would have to talk 50% of the remaining users into abusing the system with you. I think that is very unlikely. also i posted this before i knew about ricki being able to ban people i did still bump it to see what people thought.

oh and excuse me if i dont give a fuck what you think about my sleeping habits.

bottom line its a bad idea
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Rrickir has a chat ban hammer, she's on way later than most of us are on (I'm sorry, I was exhausted last night and went to bed earlier than usual) and she knows how to use it. Only Zab and the Mods can remove any spam posts from the forums, users have the option to remove any posts that have been made on their personal pages.

It's unfortunate that grown adults can't behave themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast