Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Exclamation Virus and Adware from downloads posted on Offerwall

As the title suggests, my anti-virus program blocked a virus from one of the downloads listed on the Offerwall. In addition, a scan from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware revealed a few Adware programs. Before anyone points fingers, I assure you the adware was from a link posted on the offerwall. Furthermore, I didn't get my points from the download but I can live with that. I'm just wondering if there are warnings posted anywhere on this site about the risks from downloading from links posted on this site?

Actually, yes, there are warnings posted all over the site. Of course the downloads are just tricks into being able to phish for information on your computer. I mean really, most of the offers just scream SCAM, that's why you don't use your real information or download any of it unless you have figured out a sound method for protecting your computer.

Hi rghy2, thank you for replying. I am new, of course, and so I am aware of no such warnings. But I am relieved there are some. And rest assured I know how to stay safe. Thanks again.

Yeah, I don't recommend the downloads.

I had to do some surgery on my computer after a few downloads. I wish there were ways to buy points as I would just prefer to do that.

I enjoy the users in this community so I've just been building my points by posting on the forum and getting involved in discussion.

I will do CrowdFlower, however. That's pretty safe.

I could swear there IS a way to buy points... lol....

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yeah i can see that all happening online. i am really careful when it comes to that kind of stuff.