Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Thread: What a time!

What a time!

Well,

I have had a rather interesting experience. So, an ambulance had to take me to the hospital a couple of months ago. Apparently I was in a very dangerous state of Diabetic Ketoacidosis and Almost had a stroke.

Turns out my pancreas decided to quit working some months prior to this, according to the ER doctor, I was definately a type 1 diabetic (News to me). But I was transferred to the ICU where the doctor there said that my pancreas might start working.

After getting out of the hospital, I was treated as a type 1 diabetic as per my endocronologist. But after the second series of tests, I might not be a type 1 diabetic after all.

As it turns out, there is a rare condition that is triggered by something that causes a mutated gene to activate and block secretion points in the pancreas.

Interesting, needless to say. I'm glad for good insurance. Spent two days in the ICU and a week in med surg unit, all I ended up paying was 1500 dollars for what would have been a 40k plus bill.

Also, be glad if your company offers disability insurance. As there would have been no other way to pay my bills, but to be completely honest, with all the work that piled up while I was off for the month, I'm not necessarily glad to be back to work lol

Wow - quite a ride there for ya. Glad it all worked out, and for only 4% of the overall bill, you got off cheap, eh?
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

oh yeah, and I only pay 75 a month for my insurance too!