Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64149.98

International Space Station banishes Windows OS

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

PokerOwned God
    dont understand that at all but interesting

PokerOwned Demi-God
    linux is a smaller and more user power operating system. windows has too many secrets to be used down to the boot strap.

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    I seem to recall a lot of mission critical things you wouldn't expect (like some of the older Navy fighter jets, possibly the space shuttle) are running Windows NT 4.0.
    Got a fast GPU? Crunch Bitcoin calculations for PayPal $$$. See my profile for link!

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    I kind of understand their reasoning...if it ain't broke, or if it is broke in specific ways you understand and can work around, don't fix it.
    Got a fast GPU? Crunch Bitcoin calculations for PayPal $$$. See my profile for link!

Quote Originally Posted by sunburnt2k11 View Post
    linux is a smaller and more user power operating system. windows has too many secrets to be used down to the boot strap.
    actually the did exchange windows for linux cause this last one is a more stable OS, everybody knows windows is full of bugs and not that trustable as linux, they need to feel they dealing with a safe OS up there in ISS where a bug can cause devastating consequences ....

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Experienced Member
    Don't they have like a dangerous leak now?

Perhaps the switch caused it.

Never cross Mr. Gates!

PokerOwned Pro
    Linux is a more secure operating system, and is more powerful at less requirements. You also don't need to worry about viruses, as there are very few that affect linux. It is more customizable. The biggest downfall to Linux OS is there are many programs that are not designed to run on Linux. To get around that, there are Linux-compatible substitutes for a lot of programs, and there are programs where you can run *some* windows programs. The best solution I have found, though, is to run a Windows OS within a Linux OS via VirtualBox or VMWare to run the windows programs.