Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66715.2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Really sad to do this, but it's for the best...

So as poker has taken up more and more of my time, my grades in college have slipped more and more. I am beginning to realize how difficult it is to play poker for a living in this day and age and school was always my first priority and it always will continue to be my first priority. I have no doubt in my mind I will come back to poker at some point in the future, but I am just not making enough money playing to justify the time I have spent behind my computer and shit just gets real after awhile.

My dream is still to play for a living some day, but until that time comes, I need to step away. I withdrew most of my money online. During my run, I made $11,803.19, but maybe even more importantly, I learned a lot about the game, about games, about investing, about math and odds, I learned about how much a struggle it is to invest in anything, I got real hands-on experiences with money, made friends, enemies and more. 3+ million hands later, it's time to close a curtain on my "poker business".

I appreciate everyone who has shown support to me in my journey and every railbird during my runs. I also appreciate any and all advice I was ever given revolving around poker and poker-like decisions, situations, learning, etc., including the advice I disagreed with. It takes thinking that challenges your own thinking to fully be able to justify your own thinking.

And even while I'm away from poker, I will still continue to learn to improve, just by the decisions I make within my own life, and with my brain learning new knowledge just from life, someday I will come back, sharper than ever like a sponge coming back from where I left off.

This isn't me quitting poker; this is me quitting poker for now. I will never give up on a dream. That's just not me. Someday, somehow, I'll make it in this world, but continuing to attempt to do so right now would be very irresponsible and an anchor in my educational path, and that's the last thing I need.

With all this said, see you all SOMEDAY, on a big stage,

Jason
    (and if any of you want to keep in touch, PM me and I'll add you on FB or give you my number or email or something.)
    Last edited by jasonv12; 11-23-2013 at 07:59 PM.

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    Damn, good luck with the schooling man. Shows you're smart with your priorities in the right area.
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

Quote Originally Posted by DocHo11idaze View Post
    Damn, good luck with the schooling man. Shows you're smart with your priorities in the right area.
    Thanks, I just hope I'm doing the right thing.

Very smart move, but I'm gonna miss you. ='( At least come join us for a fr every once in a awhile!!

Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    Very smart move, but I'm gonna miss you. ='( At least come join us for a fr every once in a awhile!!
    Maybe over winter and spring break. I just feel like once I come play again, I won't be able to stop and I really need to take some time off from it.

nice post, school is way more important than poker. Like Pro Athletes only a handful can make a living at it. GL jason

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Elite PokerOwned Member astub1975's Avatar
    Jason sad to see a good player spend more time away from the tables.

PokerOwned God
    the mature decision to make take care of that education first - poker will always be there

I'm a University professor, and I'd say to you what I'd say to any of my student athletes - I truly understand and support your dream of playing in the big leagues, but very few folks get that opportunity, so you need to have a backup plan for a career that will make you happy. Good decision - you probably do need to go cold turkey at least for a while because we all know how hard it is to resist that draw to the felts.

Jason best of luck in school im sure you will do well and get your grades back up, ive always been a big fan and you know this. let us know how things are going. cya around
    Last edited by potfan42o; 11-24-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast