Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is in no way approved by Zab, this is just my opinion as to why raising the cost of tournament entry is pretty OK.

OK, trying to discuss why the cost for entry goes up is more of an economics discussion than anything else. Think about this, the price for gas and food go up all the time, why? Supply and demand is the most basic reasoning (though not always the full reason). During the summer months, people go on more vacations and need gas so to effectively handle supply, the price goes up. This means that less gas might be purchased but the supply can keep up with demand.

In this case, having the cost of entry go up for these tournaments may not be so bad. Think of it this way, we are consistently getting between 35-40 people for our tournaments now. When do you think you have better odds of making a final table? When there are 30 people playing or when there are 40 people playing? Raising the cost of tournament limits (theoretically) the amount of people who may enter making it more likely for those who are in the tournament to hit cash. We should be clamoring for more expensive tournaments and larger prizes! Asking Zab to lower the entry cost is like asking your gas station attendant to lower the cost of fuel. It would be nice, but is not realistic.

Now for the important part. What does 145 points actually mean? With a $25 prize pool, knowing approximately what your 145 points are worth will tell you if it is still worth it to play. Well lets see: The cost for $1 at Carbon (from the "Redeem Points" tab") is 580 points. That means that your 145 points is worth approximately $.25 (145/580) which means for Zab to "break even" on his tournaments in this model he would need to have 100 people enter the tournament. More importantly, the rise in cost of 5 points doesn't even amount to a full penny ($.086).

Now I am sure that this thread was originally started to be funny but this is for those who may be actually angry about this.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Zab
    I didn't know raising it 5 points would be that big of a deal :P

I was just trying to offset the costs to include more tourneys.. The FTP Freerolls were 200, 175, 150, 170 then 155. I changed them all the time

Carbon was 140, 150, 140 now 145.. I always try to find that balance.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

I didn't mean to make it into a big deal. It is always hard to tell where people actually fall on an issue with text, it is hard to tell true emotion. I just posted that to hopefully settle those who are actually concerned about a 5 point rise in cost (again, equivalent to less than $.01)

Considering it takes like 20 seconds to post a comment in the forum and get 5 points i wouldnt even notice the difference. Or you could watch a video for 5 pts or even just hope to get lucky in the lottery ticket.

Banned
    i like that prawney!!! Zab has always been fair 145 is no problem for me!!! I also love all the new things kill the sneeks, and back2back. Those are well worth the 5 points!!!!!!

Yeah when someone offers 200pts in bounties every tournament. And however many points for leaderboard and speedway out of his own pocket it doesnt take a genius to work out the 5 extra points are not for personal gain.

PokerOwned Pro
    bring it down to 135!!! sign here if u agree.

Zab
    /me Signs here
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Banned
    omg 5 points.. what the hell has this site come too!! i dont think i can survive knowing this information.. FML

PokerOwned Moderator
    I hope the cake ones starts. Smaller field, smaller buy in, I liked it. I only need a $1 prize to get me excited.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast